Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake caliper color?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake caliper color?

this is kinda apperance and brakes. I want to paint my calipers on the Z. My wheels are black and so are the calipers and brackets. The car is Monterey red. Do you think red would look good, or should I go for silver? If you have some pics to help me out post 'em.
Attached Thumbnails Brake caliper color?-camero-0797.jpg  
Old 10-06-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DutchmanZ
this is kinda apperance and brakes. I want to paint my calipers on the Z. My wheels are black and so are the calipers and brackets. The car is Monterey red. Do you think red would look good, or should I go for silver? If you have some pics to help me out post 'em.
I wouldn't go with red, because the shade of red that the caliper paint comes in will not match your car's color at all. Its typically a bright red, while your car is a darker, deeper red.

Silver would probably look nice. However, I would consider leaving the caliper bracket black and just painting the caliper silver for a nice contrast.

If you had 18" wheels, I'd say consider the CTS-V upgrade, they come powercoated metallic silver
Old 10-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

I say stick with black
Old 10-06-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you do powder coating, it's possible to get almost an exact match. Sean, the powder pro, was going to do my calipers in the same redish orange as my SS emblems,
Old 10-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my brake caliper gallery from my website, lot of Fbody calipers powder coated in various colors if that'll help.
http://thepowderpro.com/gallery/?level=album&id=11

I agree, no red, it'll clash with your paint bad. If you'd like something alot more durable than paint, shoot me a PM, be glad to help
Old 10-06-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

i smoothed and polished calipers and they look pretty good. the brackets are not aluminum so they will rust if you grind them. i wish i could find the color that Wilwood uses, they are black with a brownish bronze tint... it looks awsome and hides dirt and brake dust.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks Sliver, I think I'll paint them first and see how that looks. If I like it then maybe I'll get them powder coated. Where can I get the Camaro decals for the calipers? I like them.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Here's my brake caliper gallery from my website, lot of Fbody calipers powder coated in various colors if that'll help.
http://thepowderpro.com/gallery/?level=album&id=11

I agree, no red, it'll clash with your paint bad. If you'd like something alot more durable than paint, shoot me a PM, be glad to help
looks awsome! how much does it cost?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Motorboater

Originally Posted by sixpack_2_go
looks awsome! how much does it cost?
I charge $220 shipped to the lower 48 states for stock LS1 Fbody calipers and brackets. Add $100 to that and I'll rebuild all 4 with fresh GM internals instead of re-using what's in there already. Add $20 for decals(I clear over them to lock them on)

Originally Posted by DutchmanZ
Thanks Sliver, I think I'll paint them first and see how that looks. If I like it then maybe I'll get them powder coated. Where can I get the Camaro decals for the calipers? I like them.
Few different places. If you like the chrome looking ones go to Afterthoughts Auto, they are a sponsor on here I believe. If you want them a different color, you'll have to hunt around. My last batch was made for me by a local decal place.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

Well, I picked up a can of silver caliper paint just to see how it would look. I think it really helps show off the wheels more.

Sorry, the are from my Blackberry.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

I was about to say. Silver would prolly look the best.

Quick Reply: Brake caliper color?