LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Anyone buy from brakeperformance.com...and have some mileage on the products?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone buy from brakeperformance.com...and have some mileage on the products?

So after doing some research is seems like I have narrowed it down to the following
1)Summitracing carries EBC products...but are too expensive for me
2)R1 concepts...at the top of my budget, but not 100% sold on em
3)Brakeconcepts.com...seems like good quality products...but I have no idea who's product they use for the Pads...or even the rotors. Price seems really nice though
4)OEM....Seems like these suck to begin with, so no

My car is a 2006 Grand Prix GXP...
Currently the car has 49,xxx miles (all orig brakes, except for front pads, ceramic and squeel like hell) and the steering wheel (and sometimes pedal shake) during braking. I feel like the rotors are prob warped, so I am just gonna do the whole shabang

Any reccomendations on where to go from this. I wanna pull the trigger on BC.com, but don't want to make a mistake. Who has them?

Just as FYI to me, What did you guys buy and where? How many miles and satisfied?

Thanks alot!!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 01:42 AM

You should try cquence.net. Go with the dimpled rotors and not drilled as I heard they hold up better then drilled rotors. They have many options available, that's were I got minds and love them.

Originally Posted by jared1993
So after doing some research is seems like I have narrowed it down to the following
1)Summitracing carries EBC products...but are too expensive for me
2)R1 concepts...at the top of my budget, but not 100% sold on em
3)Brakeconcepts.com...seems like good quality products...but I have no idea who's product they use for the Pads...or even the rotors. Price seems really nice though
4)OEM....Seems like these suck to begin with, so no

My car is a 2006 Grand Prix GXP...
Currently the car has 49,xxx miles (all orig brakes, except for front pads, ceramic and squeel like hell) and the steering wheel (and sometimes pedal shake) during braking. I feel like the rotors are prob warped, so I am just gonna do the whole shabang

Any reccomendations on where to go from this. I wanna pull the trigger on BC.com, but don't want to make a mistake. Who has them?

Just as FYI to me, What did you guys buy and where? How many miles and satisfied?

Thanks alot!!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

R1concepts is having a pretty big sale right now. I was browsing their website and ebay store yesterday.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Well, I ordered a performance cross-drilled set from brakeperformance. Lifetime warranty pretty much covers everything (except warping...which isn't bad at 2 years) The price was good, zinc coated, ect. I also went with Akebono pro ceramic pads front/rear.
I write up a little review after all is said and done and I have some miles on em. Pads came in 2 days...rotors come on Nov 3. I'll prob give myself a b-day present (nov 5) and get em installed then.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

when i bought mine off ebay, i was looking for the lifetime warranty, but I am kinda glad I didn't due to the price difference. I mean, other than warping, what will happen to the rotor? so in all honestly, you really "don't" have a lifetime warranty on the rotors....

How much were yours? I just picked up front and rear slotted and drilled rotors, zinc coated with ceramic pads included for $192 shipped.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS4_SS
when i bought mine off ebay, i was looking for the lifetime warranty, but I am kinda glad I didn't due to the price difference. I mean, other than warping, what will happen to the rotor? so in all honestly, you really "don't" have a lifetime warranty on the rotors....

How much were yours? I just picked up front and rear slotted and drilled rotors, zinc coated with ceramic pads included for $192 shipped.
Hmmmm....you've got a point. IDK, for some reason my gut was telling me to stay away from the ebay brakes though. I feel they wont hold up long-term and they'll be shot and misbehaving after less than a year. (I possibly have that in my subconsence from the last set I bought off ebay)

Anyways between the Akebono's (bout 150 or so shipped) and the 4 rotors (bout 350 shipped) I am about $500 for a hopefully trouble/worry free, strong set-up. we'll see. $192 seems like a hell of a deal for cd/s rotors and pads. Hopefully for you, not 1 of those to good to be true...shoulda,woulda,coulda stories.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

good luck for us both!

Quick Reply: Anyone buy from brakeperformance.com...and have some mileage on the products?