Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

wich is stronger LS2 block or truck block?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wich is stronger LS2 block or truck block?

I want to know about using a truck block. but I was told the LS 2 block is stronger? I think that's bull but maybe they use shitty iron on the truck block who knows?? and if the truck block is stronger how much power can it hold my biggest fear is head gaskets popping but I also was told by the same person which owns a shop near me that regular head bolts are better then head studs because the head studs squeezes the gaskets down near the stud and causes unevenness. what I am planing on doing is ether a PT-88 or a GT 47-88 if its in the budget. I originally was going to use a LSX block and I have aPT- 106 turbo I only used it for one season on a big block Chevy motor. but the economy is to blame if I want to ever put this car back on the road it has to be cheaper or forget it. I would like input from shops who has done it all before thanks..
Old 10-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either block, properly prepared will work for a PT88 / Gt47-88 setup. Iron is generally accepted to be stronger though.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:25 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Truck block is definitely stronger no question about it! If the weight isn't a huge factor for you, then go with a LQ4 or LQ9. They are cheaper and stronger.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by the big kahuna
I want to know about using a truck block. but I was told the LS 2 block is stronger? I think that's bull but maybe they use shitty iron on the truck block who knows?? and if the truck block is stronger how much power can it hold my biggest fear is head gaskets popping but I also was told by the same person which owns a shop near me that regular head bolts are better then head studs because the head studs squeezes the gaskets down near the stud and causes unevenness. what I am planing on doing is ether a PT-88 or a GT 47-88 if its in the budget. I originally was going to use a LSX block and I have aPT- 106 turbo I only used it for one season on a big block Chevy motor. but the economy is to blame if I want to ever put this car back on the road it has to be cheaper or forget it. I would like input from shops who has done it all before thanks..
All the GM iron LSx blocks are WAY WAY stronger than any GM LSx aluminum blocks....no comparison.

But the LS2 is still a badass block and will be perfectly fine for an 88 I would think.

Quick Reply: wich is stronger LS2 block or truck block?