Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch not Engaging textralia

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch not Engaging textralia

I have a healthy 42x cid Iron motor, with a face-plated t56 I recently went from the SPEC 4 to a Textralia dual disk. I have the shimmed slave cylinder which is new (the plate SPEC provides with there clutch kits to make sure the slave is flush) I have a stock GM Master cylinder and the McCloud line....

When I crank the car I can put it in gear fine.... but i can leave it in gear and let off the clutch and even get out of the car (not literally) and the car WONT move...

I have bleed and bleed and bled the Slave... there is no air in it... I have ran 20oz of fluid threw it easily....

Would like to hear some ideas on whats up, WOULD LOVE to have this running by friday....

thanks in advance

Bryan
Old 10-07-2009, 10:59 PM
9 Second Club

anyone?
Old 10-08-2009, 10:11 AM
FormerVendor

Red, the shim that we provide for use with our kits is used relative to the difference in total stack height between ourt kits and the OE assembly. That being the case your Tex parts may not need this shim at all and by having the shim in place you could cause the bearing to keep constant pressure on the diaphragm fingers of the clutch forcing it to remain released at all time. This would account for you inability to engage the clutch. I suggest pulling the shim. You can always check the measurements of the parts relative to your transmission and bell as described by the folks at Tick in the below thread. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks,

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...need-shim.html