LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Negative Camber ad Winter Tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Negative Camber ad Winter Tires

i am hoping to order my winter tires tomorrow and had 2 questions. since the GXP has a negative camber should i have them adjust it to get rid of it so the tires wear evenly or just leave it alone?

2nd question is when i had emailed tire rack to ask them what size tire they would suggest they said 235/55/17....i was thinking of going with a 225/55/17 since the skinnier tire wil cut through the snow better but they replied with this

The narrower the better in general yes, we don't recommend more then a 3% difference in over all diameter.
can someone explain or tell me why they would say this? i did the miata.net and the differences in what the speedometer is going to show is basically the same with one bein .3 to slow and one being .6 to fast so that isnt an issue for me. thanks!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

Too much of a difference will make the ABS, Traction Control, and Stability Control act up and not know what to do. But that difference is so slight it shouldnt matter. Tire places error on the side of caution
Old 10-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

I got the same answer from TR last year. Not knowing a whole lot more than the basics about tires, i went with their suggestion. Also being in Ohio, I know what type of winter you have to look forward too, and last year was a "fun" one. FWIW i did perfectly fine for 5 months with the 235's on, no problems at all.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

thats the size i went with...got some snow possible thursday night lol....maybe ill get them on sooner then i thought haha

Quick Reply: Negative Camber ad Winter Tires