Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What determains your jet choices?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 05:09 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What determains your jet choices?

I am looking to replace my solenoids with a different brand. Who's Jet chart do I go off of? The Brand that makes the nozzle? Will the change in solenoids make a difference in what jets I chose? Thanks
Old 10-08-2009, 07:52 AM
11 Second Club

You're gonna still have to choose jets based on the brand of the nozzle. Some brands make Fat Stemmed jets and others are Skinny Stemmed. I do not believe the brand solenoids makes a difference.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:23 AM
7 Second Club

solenoids make a big difference... i'd stay with a reputable company... NOS, NX, speedtech ... etc...
Old 10-08-2009, 02:18 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

If the pressures are the same, and you're not over the limit capabilities of the solenoids you should be fine,
using the jets & nozzles as designed.
Obviously if you use an undersized solenoid you will have an issue.
Like trying to use a purge on my fogger. I can see a boo boo happening!!

Old 10-08-2009, 02:24 PM
7 Second Club

also depends on if you're progressing the system or not too...

Originally Posted by mrdragster1970

If the pressures are the same, and you're not over the limit capabilities of the solenoids you should be fine,
using the jets & nozzles as designed.
Obviously if you use an undersized solenoid you will have an issue.
Like trying to use a purge on my fogger. I can see a boo boo happening!!

Old 10-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Well it is a simple system and only runing 100-125 shot. The seloniods are basicaly the same spec as the original if anything they might be a bit bigger. I and getting the harris speed works noids. So they will flow as good or better then the cold fusion noids with the system now. I will stick with CF jets since they fit the nozle. Who makes the best nozzle? Or are they all similar? Thought about upgrading the nozzle because the CF seems like it might not be the best.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

I like the nozzles that mix the fuel and nitrous Before they leave the nozzle. My dynotune is like that. The NX shark nozzle mixes as well. I don't have any experience with any other brands. The Shark nozzle is very popular tho. I just feel that there is better atomization with the earlier mixing. But I am No Nitrous guru by any means.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:15 AM
FormerVendor

One thing in a nozzle I would look for is coverage. We use a slight angle on the exit of our Black Mamba nozzle to better cover the face of the throttle body. Think of it this way...the nozzle only sticks so far into the intake tube. When using a traditional 90* exit the coverage is mostly on one side of the intake tube. When we open that exit up slightly we cover a larger area in the tube and allows us to move the nozzle closer to the throttle body opening.

Another important thing to take into account is the twists and bends in a nozzle. Our exit points line directly up with the jet. This means that there is a smooth transition from jet to exit. Almost every other nozzle on the market does not offer this. Most companies have to offset drill to position the tubes and then plug them shut. This creates pockets and bends inside the nozzle. Something that you don't want...ideally you want the jet to do the metering work and not the components before or after.

Nick
Old 10-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Thanks Nick for all of the help.

Harris Speed Works is a top notch company and I will buy all of my nitrous products from them! Great prices and very helpfull on the phone