Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about falshing PCM

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about falshing PCM

Is it possible to flash a used PCM and use a new/different VIN? Don't know if I worded this correctly but hope someone understands, thanks.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:29 PM
11 Second Club

if you know someone at a gm service department maybe. even then, i don't know how you would change the vin. who cares about the vin anyway? are you trying to sell the car/truck?
Old 12-04-2003, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Texas Terminator
if you know someone at a gm service department maybe. even then, i don't know how you would change the vin. who cares about the vin anyway? are you trying to sell the car/truck?
No, I just bought LS1 Edit but can't use it due to the lock Ed Wright installed when I got his tuning last year. I have a buddy that works at a Chevy dealer next to my dealer. We tried flashing it back to stock and it didn't work. I'm able to get my hands on a used PCM for $25 and wanted to know if I could put my VIN on it so I can finally get tuned.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

I sent my PCM back to Ed and had him unlock it then I took it to a GM dealership and had them flash it back to stock. Give Ed a call and see if he won't do that for you, I know it costs but I can't remember how much. He might even be able to flash it back to stock, I didn't ask.

Originally Posted by silent1
No, I just bought LS1 Edit but can't use it due to the lock Ed Wright installed when I got his tuning last year. I have a buddy that works at a Chevy dealer next to my dealer. We tried flashing it back to stock and it didn't work. I'm able to get my hands on a used PCM for $25 and wanted to know if I could put my VIN on it so I can finally get tuned.