Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Possible Wheel Bearing Failure

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Possible Wheel Bearing Failure

I have been noticing a noise from my car recently. At first I thought it was the differential whining, but I'm not so sure it is. How common are wheel bearing failures in these vehicles?

The noise is pretty random. It will occur sometimes and does not depend on accel or decel or neutral. As I slow down the noise will change freuqency and then once I get to like 10 mph it goes away. Applying brakes does not change the noise whatsoever. Sounds like it's coming from under the dash or near the passenger front wheel.

Any thoughts on what to check so I can rule some stuff out?
Old 10-09-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending upon what year of CTS-V that you are having issues with, on the new '09 CTS-V's there are isolated issues with 1 or both of the front wheels clicking but so unable to detect cause, even by most dealers. Generally starts at about 3k miles. There is a TSB out on it. There is a lot of info available on this issue on another Cad forum. It is under the "CTS-V forum, 2009 & above" specific forum. HTH This is generally noticeable when making slow turns when almost at full lock.

Quick Reply: Possible Wheel Bearing Failure