Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Good exhaust shop in CF

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good exhaust shop in CF

I'm looking to do some custom duals on my car, but every shop i talk to will only run them under the axle.

Anyone know of a good shop that will run them over the axle?

Thanks
Old 10-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Teching In

You could check out Exhaust Depot off Orange Ave. He has a mandrel bender and would probabally do anything you wanted, good prices too. However I would be very specific on what you want done and what your final expectations are. My exhaust still sits a little crooked, but cannot complain after paying only $300 for a custom bent catback. I do not have thier number but just google Exhaust Depot.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

^

I can talk to Hector, who owns ED, next time he hops online and see what he thinks price wise for you, Matt.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TPl92z
^

I can talk to Hector, who owns ED, next time he hops online and see what he thinks price wise for you, Matt.
That would be awesome. I'm having a problem even finding a shop that would be willing to go over the axle.

I know Mr. Muffler does good work, but he said he could do under the axle or dumps.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Discount muffler off Old Winter Garden Road they have installed all of my exhaust systems for years they have great pricing.

Sean
Old 10-09-2009, 11:50 AM
12 Second Club

I doubt it's patended but I just took bassani TDs off my car and their route was unique and worked. Not sure if you're doing 2.5" or 3" but they had one run over the axle and one over the axle, under the panhard bar and to the back. I can get pics if you need.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have been to this shop before and been very happy with them.

Originally Posted by 01pewter2001z28
Discount muffler off Old Winter Garden Road they have installed all of my exhaust systems for years they have great pricing.

Sean
Old 10-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Default Camotion issues guaranteed!!

Originally Posted by TheLSgun
I'm looking to do some custom duals on my car, but every shop i talk to will only run them under the axle.

Anyone know of a good shop that will run them over the axle?

Thanks
As long as you dont have a heavy cam, running duals OVER the axles should not be much of a problem down the road. Guaranteed rattling and rubbing somewhere, especially noted if you have alot of over-lap on your cam. Also, you are severely limited on O.D. size pipe if you chose this route, unless you get a modified torque arm that allows more room up there. Many shops wont even touch your car. Custom work is tough to find considering time involved, especially if you want it done right.....somethings not straight, bad weld job, rubbing metal somewhere not noticed, etc..!! Basically, you get what you pay for. I know someone who can do the job for you, but will probably not be that cheap. He is regarded as a perfectionist type old-school guy! Stainless steel, not a problem. Aluminized piping, not a problem. He done great work for me,..... just didnt really want to pony-up the labor.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jrgswhitels1
As long as you dont have a heavy cam, running duals OVER the axles should not be much of a problem down the road. Guaranteed rattling and rubbing somewhere, especially noted if you have alot of over-lap on your cam. Also, you are severely limited on O.D. size pipe if you chose this route, unless you get a modified torque arm that allows more room up there. Many shops wont even touch your car. Custom work is tough to find considering time involved, especially if you want it done right.....somethings not straight, bad weld job, rubbing metal somewhere not noticed, etc..!! Basically, you get what you pay for. I know someone who can do the job for you, but will probably not be that cheap. He is regarded as a perfectionist type old-school guy! Stainless steel, not a problem. Aluminized piping, not a problem. He done great work for me,..... just didnt really want to pony-up the labor.
I definitely am not just looking for a cheap job, but I'm not looking to drain the bank account either.

How much are you talking? and Does this person have a shop or out of the garage type deal?

Thanks
Old 10-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Teching In

No, he does have a shop. He does CERTAIN jobs for people that he knows though, (take no offense). The legalities of exhaust work are very explicit, where the state can close up shop quick and charge owners HUGE fines. Pm me for more info!!
Old 10-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Im not sure how much he will charge you. He will have to tell you that. He did charge me for 3" Aluminized piping (Stainless he'll have to pre-order) and started from my headers with duals all the way back just prior to the axle, where he converted it to a single 3" driver over the axle and back out with duals. He charged me $450 dollars. He also did my buddies Camaro SS with duals all the way back. He only had 2" piping over the axles though! I dont think that is condusive to flow though, I'd stick to a single 3" driver!! Your car though!!!

Quick Reply: Good exhaust shop in CF