Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Quick LCA installation question

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick LCA installation question

Doing LCAs and SFCs at the same time. Drivers side arm and connector went on without any problem. Got the passengers side arm off and got the back part of the LCA in no problem as well. However, the rear end on the passenger side managed to shift forward about a quarter of an inch... I didn't put a jack under the rear when I removed the stockers as I needed it to lift the front of the car to get under enough to bolt in the SFCs. Stupid, I know.
How do I get the rear end back that quarter inch I need it to go? I can get it there pushing with both arms but that leaves me with nothing to actually get the damn bolt through the SFC and the LCA. I have both sides of the rear supported with jack stands right now. If I remove the drivers side jack stand (since that side is done), will that put the rear back into place? Thank you!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you adjust the driver side lca or just match it to the stock one?
Old 10-08-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Push the body forward with your feet, which frees up your hands...
Old 10-08-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JeaneZ28
Did you adjust the driver side lca or just match it to the stock one?
They are the non adjustable variety.

I'll try the feet thing! Thanks!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Push the body forward with your feet, which frees up your hands...
It worked! Hell of a fight fit for me at 6'1" to push on the axle with my feet and still be able to reach the front hole on the LCA but right when I was ready to give up it slipped in. Thanks a lot!
Took it out for a test drive with the new control arms and SFCs and holy crap... Makes a hell of a difference, especially on a 6 speed. Next week and it'll be time for the driveshaft loop and torque arm.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I take it that you removed both lower control arms at the same time! Yeah that can be a pain in the rear seeing how the rear shifts. We suggest all the time to remove one at a time. And I noticed also that you are going to be looking into a torque arm and a DS loop. Well I just figure that I would suggest to you that UMI Performance has a few different items that you might be of interest in. Below is a link.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...lsehl4ps864nb0

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...lsehl4ps864nb0

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 10-09-2009, 07:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam86
It worked! Hell of a fight fit for me at 6'1" to push on the axle with my feet and still be able to reach the front hole on the LCA but right when I was ready to give up it slipped in. Thanks a lot!
Took it out for a test drive with the new control arms and SFCs and holy crap... Makes a hell of a difference, especially on a 6 speed. Next week and it'll be time for the driveshaft loop and torque arm.

Glad it worked! I'm usually working alone, so I have to depend on whatever I can come up with, in order to get things done. Still haven't figured out how to grow a third hand, though.......
Old 10-09-2009, 02:21 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Still haven't figured out how to grow a third hand, though... I think we all could use one of those every once in awhile LOL
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hell if we get a third. before to long we will need a forth. so might as well ask for 4 to begin with. lol