Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

who makes trans mount?

Old 10-08-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default who makes trans mount?

Unless I missed it I didn't see any auto or manual trans mounts. All I seen was like 350 or 400 conversions. Who makes just stock style, aftermarket trans crossmember?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I see that umi's and bmr's has a combo tranny mount and torque arm relocation bracket. But I can do either of 2 ways is to use full lenght torque arm and the relocation bracket or a chassis mounted torque arm. What would be the advantage/disadvantage to running full lenght torque arm or a tunnel mounted torque arm.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:29 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavetim
Ok I see that umi's and bmr's has a combo tranny mount and torque arm relocation bracket. But I can do either of 2 ways is to use full lenght torque arm and the relocation bracket or a chassis mounted torque arm. What would be the advantage/disadvantage to running full lenght torque arm or a tunnel mounted torque arm.
Hello, the full length torque arm is going to give you less issues. The arm mounts in the stock location or on a relocation crossmember. The chassis mounts like our trak pak mounts to a 1 5/8" crossbar that welds between your frame connectors. The shorter arm is made more for the track although we have had customers dip into the 8 second zone on our full length torque arm and relocation crossmember.
Alot depends on what you have planned for your car. Call me here at the office and we can discuss your setup.
Attached Thumbnails who makes trans mount?-ta001-small.jpg   who makes trans mount?-tcc006-small.jpg   who makes trans mount?-trakpak-thumb.jpg  
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: who makes trans mount?