Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need a part number - cyl. head plug for coolant temp sensor holes

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need a part number - cyl. head plug for coolant temp sensor holes

When I bought my heads they were bare, so I didn't realize I was missing a plug until just now. Both heads have a threaded hole for the coolant temp sensor, I bought a sensor and stuck it in the driver side head because I won't have room for it on the passenger side with the HVAC equipment over there. So now I'm trying to track down a plug for the other hole on the passenger side head. I know it's a metric thread, but not sure what size. If anyone has a part number that would be awesome.

Also, I had another question relating to the heads. If you look at this picture (passenger side head), you'll see the hole I was referring to directly to the left of the header flange. Then there is another small to the left of THAT. What is this other hole? Does that need to be plugged to? If so, part number for that as well please.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thread size for the water temp sensor hole is 12mm x 1.5, make sure to use sealant on whatever you use as a plug. The smaller hole next to it is a blind hole and doesn't need to be plugged up. Here's a good link with pics talking about that plug and the water temp sensor thread pitch.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ferrerid=13535

Quick Reply: need a part number - cyl. head plug for coolant temp sensor holes