Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking about nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Default thinking about nitrous

i just bought another ls1. its got 75000 miles on it. instead of doing heads and cam im thinking about just doing full exhaust,stall,a couple smaller boltons,nitrous,and calling it a day.
I hear its the best bang for buck but how cheap is it really? I just wanna use it at the track or once in a while to blow someones doors off. so how cheap is it really and how many times do you use one bottle?
Old 10-10-2009, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nitrous outlet has a nice setup on sale for 600. On top of that i'd say get a bottle heater, blowdown tube, and window switch and you'll be good as long as you dont go overboard on the shot. So your looking at around 850ish, then get some tr6's and have the tuner throw a couple degrees off your tune and your done. My mods are in my sig and have had pretty good luck with the set yup your talking about

fill will cost you around 50 and you'll get with a bottle heater around 5-6 passes. Once you get to 4lbs left in the bottle basically its just not the same. With nano i've gotten over 8 passes without a drop off. On the heater i'd see a drop off after the 3rd pass, but it would still be decent the 4,5 pass and sometimes 6th
Old 10-11-2009, 07:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
nitrous outlet has a nice setup on sale for 600. On top of that i'd say get a bottle heater, blowdown tube, and window switch and you'll be good as long as you dont go overboard on the shot. So your looking at around 850ish, then get some tr6's and have the tuner throw a couple degrees off your tune and your done. My mods are in my sig and have had pretty good luck with the set yup your talking about

fill will cost you around 50 and you'll get with a bottle heater around 5-6 passes. Once you get to 4lbs left in the bottle basically its just not the same. With nano i've gotten over 8 passes without a drop off. On the heater i'd see a drop off after the 3rd pass, but it would still be decent the 4,5 pass and sometimes 6th
I think the key to this is how much you spray. A 200 shot will get you maybe 3 clean passes with a bottle heater.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW you pay $50 for a fill!?!?! I paid $35. Most expencive place I called was $37.50 for a full fill. 10 lb bottle. Hell at the track they are $4.50 a lb.