Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring questions: Need help ASAP Please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring questions: Need help ASAP Please.

I'm trying to finish the Chevelle in time to go to the LSX Shootout, but have a few final wiring problems/questions.

#1. On the dual speed fans(they are factory F-body fans) do I have to split the signal for the higher speed or does the PCM handle all of that? I have two wires from the PCM for the fans and two relays. Or is there a third wire for the higher speed?

#2. What color is the PCM wire that goes to the diagnostic port? I'm trying to wire it up, but the PIN out sheet I printed does not give a color and I'm having a hard time finding it in the search results.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

I can't answer ? # 1. As for ? # 2 here goes, 1997 harness,blue connector,pin# 58,dark green wire.
1998 harness,blue connector,pin#58 purple wire.
1999-2002 harness,blue connector, pin#58,dark green wire.
Hope this helps, Dean.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm trying to help him out but I didn't know for sure how, on the wiring diagram for the fans there is a signal wire going to 1 relay, and a signal wire that comes to a dot and goes to both fan #2 relay and fan #3 relay...so I need to know if I need to just solder a wire for each relay onto the signal wire or if it means something else

my car already had electric fans so I did not run them through the pcm on my swap, they are also single speed fans so the wiring was straightforward with 1 on a switch and 1 on a temp sending unit trigger...I did not have to do a fbody style setup with series and parallel to alter the the received voltage for the fans from 6v to 12v
Old 10-11-2009, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

oh dean, I got that part but I'm trying to find the diagnostic port wire on the harness that goes inside the cab...there are 3 or so small connectors on that side of the grommet and IIRC its the square blue plug, but I am not sure which wire and the harness is in the car so we can't exactly trace it all the way back to the large blue PCM connector

EDIT: found it after a while searching

.C220...natural color 10 pin connector.
............E- black w/ white stripe (ground in)
............G- brown (to back-up lite switch 12v"+" power input)
............H- lt green (from back-up lite switch out to lites)
............K- dk green w/ white stripe (VSS signal 4000ppm speedo output from LS1 PCM)
...C230...blue 10 pin connector.
............B- brown w/ white stripe (MIL lamp)
............E- dark blue (VATS fuel enable input)
............K- dk green (serial data class 2 output from LS1 PCM to OBD-II connector)

Last edited by thunderstruck507; 10-11-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

I didnt use stock fbody fans, but I did use 2 fans. I wired one fan to the low speed, and one to the high speed, on seprate relays. The low speed fan kicks on first and if the need be, the pcm kicks in the high speed fan also. Most of the time, one fan is enough to keep it cool. When the pcm kicks in the high speed, both fans run.

Make sure you are wiring the signal form the pcm to ground the trigger side of the relay. The pcm does not send out power to the fans like it does the fuel pump.

Quick Reply: Wiring questions: Need help ASAP Please.