Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will it Break again?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 01:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will it Break again?

Gladly I'm not talking about my engine, but I am wondering why my feed line for my nos5177 broke. The line from the bottle that went through my sparetire well into my rear speaker then under my floor and out the bottom then into the engine bay then the airbox broke. yeah I mean broke as in the metal an line sheared apart then the clear plastic tube inside it popped and my nitrous would shoot out of the bottom of the car (like the fast and furious skyline at the beginning of the 2nd movie). I bought another AN line and am waiting to put it back on this time it is 16ft long compared to the old one which was about 18ft, (I think thats how long it is in the kit).

So I was wondering how can a metal feed line break? Anyinformation would be appreciated. BTW the car has full exhaust, strange 12bolt 3.73's and built transmission with stock converter back in.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well it must have something to do with the stock converter back in, but that's just my hunch. try a different torque converter and see if your new feed line for your nos5177 breaks again.

do you have any pictures of this break in the line from the bottle that went through your sparetire well into my your speaker then under your floor and out the bottom then into the engine bay then the airbox?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was either a defective piece or it was rubbing up against something, got pinched between moving parts, ets. Make sure to use grommets when passing it through any holes in metal panels.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by BAKED
It was either a defective piece or it was rubbing up against something, got pinched between moving parts, ets. Make sure to use grommets when passing it through any holes in metal panels.
What he said....
Old 10-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Launching!

sorry no pics but the metal line was sheared as in I almost cut myself when taking it off and out of the car. I did go to ACE hardware and get some clips that go around the line then the screw goes through it I think it was 3/4 big maybe smaller I did it a few days ago and haven't log on since.

Thanx for the post.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:32 AM
FormerVendor

Any type of fatigue to the shielding can lower the working pressure of the line.

Nick