Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got my LY6

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default just got my LY6

ok I just got my LY6 a couple days ago. It came with all the accessories, drive by wire throttle body w/ the pedal, and the ECU and wiring harness. I plan on gettig a cam from mast motorsports and keeping the VVT. My big question is about the intake and accessories. I would like to get a L76 intake mainly for looks, but i was wondering if there are any power advantages with the L76 over the stock. and if I did go with the L76 what will I need to change with my accessories to get it to work? this is gonna be a big factor in wether i do it of not.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Congrats on the LY6, you should post what car your gonna swap it into. Gl!

-SS
Old 10-12-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bfrank79
ok I just got my LY6 a couple days ago. It came with all the accessories, drive by wire throttle body w/ the pedal, and the ECU and wiring harness. I plan on gettig a cam from mast motorsports and keeping the VVT. My big question is about the intake and accessories. I would like to get a L76 intake mainly for looks, but i was wondering if there are any power advantages with the L76 over the stock. and if I did go with the L76 what will I need to change with my accessories to get it to work? this is gonna be a big factor in wether i do it of not.
I would keep the truck intake. It should flow the same and help with the lowend with the VVT. But as far as flow I have seen something on the two in the Gen IV section. And I thought they were pretty close.

If it will clear the hood just get a truck intake cover for it.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:59 PM
On The Tree

it's going in a 79 chevy C10, so I dont have any clearance issues with the hood. and I plan on doing a build thread once i really get started so i will get some pics up soon. I'm just really going back and forth with myself on wether or not to swap the intake.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bfrank79
it's going in a 79 chevy C10, so I dont have any clearance issues with the hood. and I plan on doing a build thread once i really get started so i will get some pics up soon. I'm just really going back and forth with myself on wether or not to swap the intake.
I wouldn't. You'll have to change fix the water pump as the L92/LY6 have the 45* outlet but I think it still hits the DBW TB's but will clear a cable. Then relocate idle pulley cut the alt bracket. And buy an intake! It'll work fine.
Just buy a 100hp shot for it!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The truck DBW 87mm TB will work with the water pump but the idler pulley still needs to be relocated.

Im pretty sure if you search you will find the truck intake is way down on power from 4500 RPM and up. Its ugly also.