Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni part numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni part numbers?

What are the part numbers on the front and rear 4/4 Koni single-adjustable shocks that are so highly recommended here? I found a lightly used set and I'm trying to find out if these are the right ones before I buy them.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

8241-1139/1140

Be warned, a used set will carry no warranty to the 2nd owner, it's only valid to the original purchaser, and Koni does ask for proof of purchase on warranty claims.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for pointing out the warranty info... and the units I found were the wrong part numbers!

I have heard a few people talking about "NOS" (new old stock?)... does this refer to stuff that's new but has been sitting on the shelf for a long time? Is there anything to watch out for with such parts?
Old 10-14-2009, 12:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

That's what it refers to, and yes it's a problem as the seals get dry since they aren't moving around with oil constantly being splashed. Just like engine seals, they eventually get a little dry, then when you start working them around the can seep. Really no different than any rubber part with time if it's left to just sit.

And there are some N.O.S. parts out there that go back to 2002 when SLP blew out overstock on Koni DA's when production ended on the SS's. Occassionally you see a "deal" pop up on a new set (well, never used--but not exactly fresh). And if a private party bought them first, even if they were never used, there is no warranty and DA's are more fragile in the front of the car than SA's too. Plus they don't have the lower perch should you want it.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: Koni part numbers?