Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who can build true duals over the axle in Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, or Oklahoma

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Who can build true duals over the axle in Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, or Oklahoma

Im from a small town in the SE corner of Kansas. No one around here even has a manderal bender. Willing to drive a fair distance.

I would like a set of true duals like in the first couple of pictures in the sticky section. Unfortunantly all them cars seem to be from California or an unreasonable driving distance from me. I've talked to I think Lanes true duals in Illinois or something and they wanted $1400. I'm sure it would look good, but I think it can be done cheaper.

Has anyone in the 4 state area (especially Tulsa, wichita, Kansas City, etc.) had a shop build a quality exhaust over the axle? Stainless is not a must although if price is still in range it would be awesome.

I have my own mufflers and my own tips. Looking to get an from headers into a xpipe out the back. Thanks and hope someone can help me.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:06 PM
12 Second Club

Called another place. Said it wasn't possible Need some help here. Anyone know a shop I can call and they would be confident in sayin, "sure no problem." and not want a $1000+ dollars
Old 10-20-2009, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could try Dyno And Performance in Fort Smith, AR. Its midway up the state right on the OK/AR line.

They did the exhaust on my truck with an LS1 and on a Jeep that we recently swapped a 5.3 in and did good jobs on both for a good price. Granted neither were true duals, but they both were 2 into 1 Y piped and then over the axle where we provided our own mufflers.

You can call the owner, John, and ask him what he thinks though and get a verbal quote. It'll depend a lot on what all bells and whistles you get on the setup.

Their number is 479-785-5400.

Good luck with your setup.

Cody B.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

If you didn't mind driving to moore OK there is a shop there with a guy that specializes in that kind of stuff. My speed shop recommended him to me and I have heard that they do great work. The place is called R&W Automotive ask for Tim. They told me it would be about 500 to run it over the axle depending on exactly how i wanted it done. It would be worth calling on (405)799-1258
Old 10-21-2009, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

There are two places in great bend, I can't remember which one it was that does them quite often and do an excellent job.

Call either pro tint or eq muffler. I'm 90% sure it was pro tint. One of my friends had them do it on his 02 ws6 and he said it looked perfect. And, it's close! I'm pretty sure it was only $500-$600 but I'm not sure if it's mandrel or not.

There is a place here in Hays that can do it with mandrel bends but you're looking at around a grand I believe. I'm not sure if that's mufflers included or not. It's called Best Radiator if you want to call them.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

There are two places in great bend, I can't remember which one it was that does them quite often and do an excellent job.

Call either pro tint or eq muffler. I'm 90% sure it was pro tint. One of my friends had them do it on his 02 ws6 and he said it looked perfect. And, it's close! I'm pretty sure it was only $500-$600 but I'm not sure if it's mandrel or not.

There is a place here in Hays that can do it with mandrel bends but you're looking at around a grand I believe. I'm not sure if that's mufflers included or not. It's called Best Radiator if you want to call them.
Please pm me any info. you have on the shops and also if you have any pictures of your buddies setup please post. Thanks
Old 10-21-2009, 10:19 AM
12 Second Club

Also everyone else who posted thanks for the replys. Im writing it all down. Keep my options coming please. thanks