Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G-TECH COMP HP Ratings HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 11:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default G-TECH COMP HP Ratings HELP

okay i got my g-tech got my car weghed and set it all up went out and did their procedure for testing hp in 2nd gear it came up consistently 237 ish !!!!! yes i knw its NET hp but common thats a bit low hell my rwhp was 330 so to loose 100 more ponies to wind restance and enviormental factors not likley, anyone else using one if so was it accurat am i doing it worng im an auto so its hard to pull off their procedure IMO hell any suggestions on how to attain more accurate readings im sure im just not doing it right cause my dynos are of 3 consisten pulls in different gears and the lowest of them is like 300 rwhp this is insanely off its pritty levled it reads 0.0022g to the left when sitting flat with car off i called g-tech they said thats fine it wouldent cause it to be off and its almost the norm to have it read a bit off when standing still what ive been doing is fust flashing to get the clock rolling dropping off almost immeadeatly after the tires begin spinnging and then punching it and letting it ride to the bottom of third then coasting to a roll which sounds like what their procedure for getting the reading said any expirenced users have comments on how to do it better or is net hp really that low
Old 12-05-2003, 11:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, a month or so back I did some road testing with a
G-Tech. I didn't use the HP function but watched the
g-force reading, which was 0.37 over most of 2nd gear.
That gives a calculated 259HP delivered at 70MPH and
about 295HP at 80MPH (my shiftpoint) using a 3750lb
weight (wild-*** guess there). If you want to see peak
HP you have to run past the upshift at full throttle.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

humm thanks, anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how do get accurate #s i did run to the bottom of 3rd before letting off its just the # sucked horbally and im sure their wrong since my dyno was pritty accurate when comparing to other cars of my setup....