Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

centerforce DFX....opnions

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default centerforce DFX....opnions

lookin into buying this clutch and was wondering if anyone has run it and what they thought of it...car will be (is) driven 3-4 times a week in traffic....

thanks
Old 10-15-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

my dad has it in his 99 ss vert along with a fidanza lightweight flywheel, its not horrible on the street really, it is a pretty sticky clutch though, its not smooth but its not unbareable either. this car is pretty much stock though, all it has is a slp intake kit and a programmer. no regrets so far, its probably only got about 2000 miles on it though
Old 10-15-2009, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dragcamaro
my dad has it in his 99 ss vert along with a fidanza lightweight flywheel, its not horrible on the street really, it is a pretty sticky clutch though, its not smooth but its not unbareable either. this car is pretty much stock though, all it has is a slp intake kit and a programmer. no regrets so far, its probably only got about 2000 miles on it though
sticky in a good way??
Old 10-16-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

yea, its great, i just meant its kinda grabby, especially after warmed up, like you hit a spot where a stock clutch you can gradually slip, this just kinda hooks.
like i said its not horrible, and i plan on putting one in my next street car, it just takes some getting used to

i was daily driving an 86 jetta 5speed for a bit so it feels grabby to me haha

the transmission setup for the car is the fidanza lightweight flywheel (12lb lighter mabe?) the centerforce dfx clutch, pro 5.0 shifter with a ws6 store short stick and the drill mod. its a blast to drive, every thing is precise and tight, no complaints from any of those parts
Old 10-17-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Resident

love this clutch its really grabby at first but after break in you get used to how to drive it and play with it so far having this clutch it broke my rear twice 1st the posi then the ring and pinion .. also have a chromoly flywheel with it perfect