Sponsored by:

first timer

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first timer

hey guys, im going to the drag strip for the first time this Sunday . im currently running the mods in my sig but im on my stock 10 bolt with street tires and 3.42's i was told the track prep sucks that you'll pretty much spin, do you think ill be fine on it? also are there any tips anyone has for me also dont mind the nitrous i wont be sprayings. the car only has lca relocation brackets on my rear and its lowered.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't be the first guy down the track. Watch a few other street cars go first. With real street tires, drive around the water box and don't try to John Force the burnout. All you need to do is spin the junk off the tires. Pull up to the staging lights slowly. Turn on the first set of lights (pre-stage) wait for the other car to do the same, then pull forward and light up the second set (stage). Wait for the tree to count down and leave on the third yellow.

Oh yeah, almost forgot the most important part: Stay in your own lane.

Read Here: Basics of Drag Racing
Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Biggest thing to not look like an idiot is to make sure you don't miss the pre-stage and stage beams. There should be a big white line on the sides of the track. I blew past them my first time at the track! Looked like a tard! Other then that start at 18-22 psi in the tires and drop if you need to. Probably wouldn't go below 15 on street tires. Other then that have fun and plan on modding because you will want to go faster!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:03 AM

Make sure its not in reverse.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA

this might be another dumb question but what do our car's usually run stock in the 1/8 just so i can see how much of a gain i've gotten
Old 10-17-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Honestly, don't get your hopes up. With no suspension and that much more power, you might be blasting those street tires through the eighth. But good luck, you'll be dying for some drag radials at least before the day is over.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Junkie

i wouldn't launch at a high rpm...maybe just off idle, that stock 10bolt isn't going to do you any favors...but with stock tires and less than desirable track prep, you should just spin and be okay