Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch replacement opportunity.....

Old 10-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch replacement opportunity.....

so my 75k DD is going to need a new clutch soon....

so I can start planning (and saving) I wanted to see what was a good set-up for what I eventually want to do with the car

I'm slowly building towards an Open track car, not dedicated as I'll still drive it on the street - It'll stay NA so power never going to be extreme (i'd like it to end up having a 427) but forseeable future will be bolt ons with road racing in mind

So any road racers have a preference for McLeod, SPEC or Monster? and what stage/spec setup would you say fitted best?
Old 10-16-2009, 09:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Best bang for the buck will be the LS7 clutch kit with an LS2 flywheel.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

I have a monster stage 3.5 rated at 700hp with the lightweight flywheel and I have a Tick performance Adj Master to compliment it.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

Skunk, If I understand your post correctly this will be used in a road-race application. If this is correct then I am sure that we can assist with a number of parts that you may be interested in. Of course we offer a number of options from single disc to Mini-Twin for use in Road-race vehicles. We also provide both steel and aluminum flywheels and even an aluminum pressure-plate upgrade that further reduces mass (as you know for cars used on open tracks where mid to high RPM ranges are normal weight savings can make a world of difference). I will be happy to discuss the available options with you if you want to give me a shout. My contact info is listed below. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

thanks for the replies guys. all noted

the car will still be my DD not a dedicated road race car used for open track/ HPDE events next year - i mention this because its wont be a 1/4 mile car in case that makes a differnece for type of clutch ie single, mini twin-steel/ally flywheels etc

like i said this is a ways off, but i want to start getting a plan together for a clutch setup that'll suit what i want to do
Old 10-16-2009, 12:12 PM
FormerVendor

For a car that is driven on the street, but that also doubles as an HPDE vehicle, I would suggest a Stage 3 (which uses a sprung-hub disc but is still quite drivable and livable for street use) and dependent on your proclivity towards lightened parts either the steel or aluminum flywheel. Preference plays a big part in determing what is best for your needs but I am generally a fan of the aluminum wheel on cars that see a good amount of road-race usage. This will require you to increase RPM's a bit when leaving from a stopped position but this isn't a major thing. As mentioned you can give me a call at your convenience and I will be happy to assist you further. Thanks!
Old 10-17-2009, 11:09 AM
FormerVendor

Well, depending on power levels, take a look at our Level 2 and 3, or our Level 2.5 and 3.5 Monsters. We also offer a lightweight flywheel as well, which would be a nice option for your road racing, but yet perfectly fine on teh street as well.

Have any questions, let me know, You can give me a call/pm or emal and check my sig below for pricing and more info on our line of Monster Clutches.
Thanks
Old 10-17-2009, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

Anything from a Monster Level 3 up should work for you. Get the lighweight flywheel, but go with the Monster. They are great clutches, and have aswome customer service.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch replacement opportunity.....