Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

boost limits

Old 10-16-2009, 06:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts

Default boost limits

i got my new engine up and running, 6.0 (403) Scatt crank/rods, Wiseco pistons, AFR 225 heads, EPP blower cam, D1SC w/8 rib belt-i run the corvette front acces. setup and blower designed for the vette-right now i am using the stock dia. crank pulley, and a 4.25 drive pulley, and a Procharger 3 core sheetmetal i/c, and a carb.
last year on the dyno with the old 6.0, i was seeing 9.6 lbs boost under the carb
i lose around a 1# thru the i/c, another 1-2#'s by the time it gets under the carb-i have a 4" drive pulley, was wondering if the 8 rib belt would handle the extra boost, fig 2-3#'s more maybe
i have a memory boost gauge, with the pressure release, so it only reads the highest boost, hard to see if i have belt slippage higher up
eventy. i will put it on the dyno, a little easier to read stuff than on the street, lol
would the 4" work ok, or could i actually reduce power if belt slippage
Old 10-16-2009, 06:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't quite understand all of your questions, but I am running 18psi, and have never blown water and that was with stock heads and ARP studs. 8 ribs is better than 6 for sure when it comes to getting more grip and lasting longer.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts

i guess i rambled on a bit, lol-i was looking to turn up the boost, but didnt want to get into belt slippage with the 8 rib, but looks like i have a little room
yet-i was used to running cogs

Search this Thread