Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

start up problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 04:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default start up problem

Hi-just bought a 2000 B4C Code Camaro, right off the trailer the car had start up issues -battery didn't seem to hold a charge, then after several attempts with jumper cables it started & stayed charged, next day started right up -until I hit the rear hatch button -then wham no juice -completely dead. I just purchased a new battery, my question is if this doesn't remedy the problem I need some advice on what to replace next. THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE
Old 10-17-2009, 09:41 AM
12 Second Club

are you getting 14v when the car is running? get a voltage reader and measure across the Negative and Positive side of the battery. This will tell you if the Alternator is not working. Good luck
Old 10-17-2009, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ramair21
are you getting 14v when the car is running? get a voltage reader and measure across the Negative and Positive side of the battery. This will tell you if the Alternator is not working. Good luck
I put a new battery and it started right up but I'll do that to make sure there aren't issues with the alternator-thanks