Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

carbed plate system on efi car

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 12:20 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default carbed plate system on efi car

I am planning on using a nitrous plate system designed for a carb on my 6 liter which has a carbed intake with EFI. Does anyone know how to jet the fuel with this kind of setup? I assume it would be pig rich since the fuel pressure on the injection is way higher than a carb would be. Is it going to just be trial and error? This will be a new motor so I dont really want to burn it down anytime soon !!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd try a 62 nitrous and 37 fuel.. This should get you in the ballpark for 150 shot
Old 10-17-2009, 07:39 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

You should call the maker. They will have had that asked a 100 times.
I'm sure they have tested for that, or can at least do the math for you.
I'm sure they know the flow numbers better than us.

Old 10-18-2009, 03:09 PM
11 Second Truck Club

I had the idea of putting the spray on this thing a couple years ago so I contacted NOS and asked this question. They basically told me they wouldnt advise it and wouldnt even talk to me.

I have been poking around a little the last day or 2 and I found that Nitrous Express has some charts on their website showing exactly the info I am looking for. I'm planning on starting off at a 250 hit and working up from there.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was using the jets i recommended and spraying it through a paranah nozzle. was at 12:1 afr on the wide band... If you are going to mess around i'd recommend getting a wideband to monitor it. And with a big shot like that you are probably going to want to pull some timing...tune it into your iac timing table and use a relay connected to the sensor with a resistor.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:32 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Yeah, I know about the IAT trick but thanks for reminding me. I was just going to flash a separate program when I am at the track and wanting to spray. I am going to bracket race on motor only and just spray on test and tune night and at the stoplight drags maybe.

Do you have any track times? Just curious how much that size shot picked you up. I am wanting to pick it up about 2 full seconds in the 1/8th mile and I know thats going to take a lot.