Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line lock for Ebrake?

Old 10-17-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Line lock for Ebrake?

Is this possable? I'm not a eletircal guy, and not sure if there noid is a draw closed? I have the SLP one so it had a hot wire to the noid and the switch, gounds it. So it works with the key off.

I have willwood dynalight roadracing style rear brakes, with a working Ebrake. I got them for not having the grind for prostars. The Ebrake is inside the hat behind the axle flange. Its the older GM drum style, like on a old 80's 10bolt shoes with the floating springs with the 1/4 turn locking washers to keep them floating. Its tucked behind the axle flange and a bitch to asemble it back there, and get to the nuts for the bolt in axles.
And I to save weight
Old 10-17-2009, 08:15 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the noid whould drain the batt. I left mine on one time by accident in the trailer and it was stone dead
Old 10-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think the line lock would go to **** after a very short time. They aren't made to be left on for a long time. They would heat up and fail. Event if you found one that wouldn't, like stated above it will kill the battery.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they make hand operated valves for this purpose I believe.. Think I saw one in summit... Or maybe my chassis shop catalog Its called a park lock, chassis shop

Search this Thread