Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0300 Is this the fix for it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 02:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0300 Is this the fix for it?

Ok just got my car back today. Had it completly rebuilt. Forged 347 runs great. BUT i still get the damn P0300 random misfire code. Now i used the search and found that some just reccomend editing out the code. Is this what i should do or is there a "real" way to get rid of it? The engine is very sound and runs like a raped ape. That lil orange light just pisses me off.

Thanks guys.

(H/C all the bolt ons) ive got edit
Old 12-06-2003, 04:02 AM
TECH Regular

If it is only setting misfires at idle then you may just edit out the code. Be certain that your are not getting actual misfires. Drive it around awhile and do some logging.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:17 AM
Restricted User

Disturbed the crank or crank sensor?
http://www.seattleautomotive.com/ckpdoc.htm
Old 12-06-2003, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stangkillin99ss
Ok just got my car back today. Had it completly rebuilt. Forged 347 runs great. BUT i still get the damn P0300 random misfire code. Now i used the search and found that some just reccomend editing out the code. Is this what i should do or is there a "real" way to get rid of it? The engine is very sound and runs like a raped ape. That lil orange light just pisses me off.

Thanks guys.

(H/C all the bolt ons) ive got edit
As was suggested you should do the crank relearn. I know it can be done with EFI live.
You should set all the tables marked low, in misfire detection, to 32000. that way at higher rpms real misfire will still be detected.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

some people edit it out by raising the temp at which the test is run so high, that it basically never runs. Some people edit it out of only the low rpms, by changing all the values for the low RPM tables to 32000. There are actually 2 low RPM tables, and a "idle by cylinder" table I think. Changing the tables to the 32000 would be the better way to go....Although I can't because it hasnt been implemented fgor 98's yet...? Anyone know another way?