Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anybody know a Place that Chrome Plates Plastic?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Anybody know a Place that Chrome Plates Plastic?

I have been debating it and I THINK chrome side vents might look good on my car with all the other chrome pieces under the hood and the chrome suspension...BUT I do not want the chrome cover things that other people have. I just dont like those AT ALL. So if I go that route I want to have a factory set chrome plated, but the chrome shop I use doesnt do plastic. Does anybody know of a place that does?

Actually I might get those and the hood vents done since I have an extra set of both...and if I dont like it I can always put the stockers back in.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I jus got the mirrored finish stainless steel grill & side vent ones n they look great. identical to chrome cant tell a difference. you just got to use black screws so they blend in the honeycomb pattern. thats the key and a must. Also think ur car is an absolutely must for them, so deserves em!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner

I jus got the mirrored finish stainless steel grill & side vent ones n they look great. identical to chrome cant tell a difference. you just got to use black screws so they blend in the honeycomb pattern. thats the key and a must. Also think ur car is an absolutely must for them, so deserves em!
They look good but are not what I am looking for. What I dont like about them is there is no depth to them...they look flat with holes drilled in them. The holes in the factory vents are beveled and have depth. I like that much better. Plus for what those cost (or at least close to it) I can have the factory ones chromed.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The shop I use only does production work but I can probably get them in with the next batch of covers we do. I've never plated plastic so I would have to get a quote but they can do it. Shoot me a PM if you're interested...

Quick Reply: Anybody know a Place that Chrome Plates Plastic?