Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension for 416ci / F1A

Old 10-21-2009, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension for 416ci / F1A

Currently my car is mostly stock, full exhaust, DR's, 4.10, 6spd. Will do 12.6 @110 all day right now. But I am currently building a new motor for it right now. Got a brand new LS3 block 4.070 bore, all callies internals with Diamond pistons. The shortblock is done, just gathering money to do the top end all in one chunck. I already have the whole upgraded 8-rib SDCE F1A kit as well ready for the swap. But I figured I would start on the susupension.

I want a really aggressive stance, but I don't want to give up any performance. Planning on 800-825rwhp. Right now the suspension is All stock. Stock 10bolt at the moment, going to a 9". Leaving the car a 6speed.

What should I go with? Im talking the whole works.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since everything is stock, this is the best time for you to go with the Midwest Chassis Fab 9" setup. It comes with their torque arm, and then you have options to add to it their controll arms, rear drag bar, and call it a day.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy P
Since everything is stock, this is the best time for you to go with the Midwest Chassis Fab 9" setup. It comes with their torque arm, and then you have options to add to it their controll arms, rear drag bar, and call it a day.
I was going to do a Moser setup. But I will have to check into this.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Seeing how you are thinking about doing a aftermarket rear end. I would suggest going with at least a single adjustable or even a double adjustable with rod ends. Going that route will eliminate any issues with binding. And if you want to ensure that you don't have any traction problems as well we also offer lower control arm relocation brackets for that specific rear as well. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...ue1o764aq5f8j4

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad

Search this Thread