Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Prostars may be bent? PLZ help

Old 10-26-2009, 01:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prostars may be bent? PLZ help

I noticed when i put my prostars on it shakes real bad going 60plus so bad that im scared for my life doin over 100 at the track..

when i jack the car up and let the wheels spin i notice one spins worse than the other. i didnt balance them last time cus the guy said they didnt need it, but worse case if they are bent how much is it to fix it?!

Is there anyway it could be something in my rear end instead?
Old 10-26-2009, 03:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

an unbalanced wheel would definitely shake over 60, but the way you describe it sounds like a bent wheel
Old 10-26-2009, 04:04 AM
TECH Resident

what do you mean one spins worse than the other? could be a bent axle? could be a bad tire? take and get them balenced. you will be able to see how much runout is in the wheel when its on the balencer and check for a bad tire too. take it somewhere that will take the time to check things and let you see it run on the balencer...
Old 10-26-2009, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Take them to the best shop in town and have them balanced off the lug nut holes. This is the best way to balance Prostars. They are a lug centric wheel.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Launching!

fronts/backs ? Using any spacers? If so besure mounting surface is clean,try switching rims right to left and see if the problem follows the rim or if it's the axle or hub.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Smo's04Gto
fronts/backs ? Using any spacers? If so besure mounting surface is clean,try switching rims right to left and see if the problem follows the rim or if it's the axle or hub.
yes im using small spacers only 4 lugs are holding it the rim on cus one of my studs is stripped, i doubt the axel is bent its moser axels....

i know its off balance cus the dude told me he didnt need to balance them.. i will take them off and take it to a good shop and that way i can find the problem for sure...

any other suggestions guys?

Search this Thread