Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no 1st

Old 10-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no 1st

Ok so normal driving in D or OD i have all gears, then tonight i felt like taking it a little higher in the RPMs so i dropped it in 1st at a stop light when i took off it was in 2nd. Its never done that before so i get home turn the car off then turn it on and put in 1st and it works...so then i go around the block and it still works. come up to my stop sign and then i put it in 1st take off and its in 2nd again, but in D or OD it holds first just fine...WTF??
Old 11-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cammed00z
Ok so normal driving in D or OD i have all gears, then tonight i felt like taking it a little higher in the RPMs so i dropped it in 1st at a stop light when i took off it was in 2nd. Its never done that before so i get home turn the car off then turn it on and put in 1st and it works...so then i go around the block and it still works. come up to my stop sign and then i put it in 1st take off and its in 2nd again, but in D or OD it holds first just fine...WTF??

I have the same problem, did you fix it ?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...ans-issue.html
Old 11-05-2009, 11:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

You are setting limp mode, You will need to scan for codes to determine why.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-05-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

scan for codes and you will get a po756 number or so then you will have to buy a shift solenoid if thats what it is but it can be something else....but post up codes first.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Teching In

No havent fixed it....i can get in and put it in first and it will stay, whenever i shift out say make a pass then slow down and go to put it in first again it will start in 2nd...but if i go ahead just move it to D or OD first engages just fine...dont have to turn it off for it to grab first....I do have to turn it off to manually hold first tho...ill scan for codes tho.

Search this Thread