Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does any sponsor have the PRC Golds in stock?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Default Does any sponsor have the PRC Golds in stock?

Are they on a national back order? Please let me know. Thanks.

Jason
Old 10-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont think they are on a back order? I have a couple sets in stock i think. I will check tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TSP has PRC .650 lift and .675 lift spring kits in stock. Better quality spring than the Patriot.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:20 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We've got plenty in stock of both the .650" and .675" lift spring kits, and if you prefer to order through any of our vendors, we can drop-ship for them at no extra charge, if by chance they are out of stock.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 10-28-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah I meant to say patriot. I was probably drinking when I posted it. I ordered a set of the patriot golds from a sponsor, I am not going to say who, three weeks ago. When I ordered they didn't tell me they didn't have any in stock but did take my money. I had to email them a week later to find out why they had not been shipped. Now three weeks later I still don't have them.

It aggravates me that's all.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And you won't say their name?
Old 10-28-2009, 05:59 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We dont carry the gold or platinum springs anymore, we replaced all of those with a new PRC .650" & .675" spring that will last way longer than the older gold or platinum springs. I think patriot sells the old style spring still, you might give them a call.

Jason
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 10-29-2009, 01:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

This is my situation. I have am going to use a TR230 cam. I bought a used set of TEA 5.3 1.5 heads w/ comp 977 springs. Thunder Racing suggests the 918 spring. They said the 977 would be "ok" if set at 1.850. I talked to Predator Z who said the Golds would be best. That's why I went with them.

I am in limbo I guess. I don't know enough about valve springs to make a good decision about them.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jason
Old 10-30-2009, 09:57 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The golds will work fine if that's what you bought. We designed our new springs to repalce the gold/platinum springs because some guys with aggressive springs were killing the gold/platinum spring. We went ahead & redesigned the Precision Race Components spring kits after a lot of engineering & spintron data. The result is a valve spring that will last A LOT longer than previous versions & not shrink when faced with aggressive lobes.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
This is my situation. I have am going to use a TR230 cam. I bought a used set of TEA 5.3 1.5 heads w/ comp 977 springs. Thunder Racing suggests the 918 spring. They said the 977 would be "ok" if set at 1.850. I talked to Predator Z who said the Golds would be best. That's why I went with them.

I am in limbo I guess. I don't know enough about valve springs to make a good decision about them.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jason
You could use a PAC 1218 or 1518 (premium nitrided beehive), PAC are some of the best springs on the market. You don't always need to go to a heavy double spring combo and a premium beehive is better in most applications anyway. PAC also makes the 1521 double if you just have to have a double.

It's all about harmonics... best thing anyone can do is reading and research.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:46 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The single spring is also a good option. The 1518 will control that heavier stainless valve without any problem. The advantage to the PRC springs is the much longer valve spring life.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:46 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I use single springs below .600. Anything above .600 needs a double spring in most applications.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Banned

We're running a big single in my car with lift almost to .700..

I know some guys prefer the safety of a double but if your single is a good one and has no history of breakage then it's a moot point. Application comes into play as well.. PAC makes triple springs as well as doubles but you use the correct style for your application.

As far as endurance Jason have you guys done any testing vs a PAC 1518? It would be good information to show and see. Then you could put it up again their 1521 and report those results as well.

We're talking about whats best for valve control, swapping springs at 15k miles (if that when they start to fade??) should be considered maintenance. This should be about controlling the valve at hi rpms and then how long do they last.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:00 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
As far as endurance Jason have you guys done any testing vs a PAC 1518? It would be good information to show and see.
Our EHT spring was tested side by side with PAC duals, but not the 1518's. The data we have vs the competition will not be posted publicly....we did that testing to ensure that we had the best valve spring possible, not to give anyone else free data or to talk trash about anybody else's springs (after all we offer the PAC line-up and others whom we tested against).

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
Old 10-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Our EHT spring was tested side by side with PAC duals, but not the 1518's. The data we have vs the competition will not be posted publicly....we did that testing to ensure that we had the best valve spring possible, not to give anyone else free data or to talk trash about anybody else's springs (after all we offer the PAC line-up and others whom we tested against).
If you have information that says your spring is better than a PAC then you need to prove it. We're talking about valve control by the way. Endurance doesn't mean thing if your floating valves. You can pm or email me the results and I wont post them.

Its not about bashing another spring it's about facts and offering the best products for a customer.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:18 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
If you have information that says your spring is better than a PAC then you need to prove it. We're talking about valve control by the way. Endurance doesn't mean thing if your floating valves. You can pm or email me the results and I wont post them.

Its not about bashing another spring it's about facts and offering the best products for a customer.
I know the difference in endurance and valvetrain control. You asked about endurance above (and edited to add in the control part after I'd posted). And FYI, the testing does account for control as well, at various RPM's, and fatigue all of these factors have on the springs' pressures, life, etc.

The testing done was very expensive, and we paid for it ourselves. That data is not getting posted or PM'd, I'm sure you can understand that.

Back on topic now though. OP: If we can help, let us know!

Old 10-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed

The testing done was very expensive, and we paid for it ourselves. That data is not getting posted or PM'd, I'm sure you can understand that.

Well no I dont understand that. You have supposed information that say's one product is better but wont provide it.. that confuses me... but it is what it is.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:10 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

It's very simple.... My job is to produce the best possible products for our customers. As a result we compared many different spring configurations on the spintron. The results of these tests was simply data for us & our spring manufacturer. There are many good springs out there, I just happen to know the new PRC spring kit is the best. We tested our springs next to about 5-6 different springs/brands. The goal was to make sure we have the best products we can. The spring speaks for itself, any of the shops that have tried our spring kit has had nothing but great things to say about it. Improved pressures, better spring materials, & very consistant machining on the seats & retainers helps us to create the best all around package money can buy!!!

I'm sure you could rent a spintron if you want the data
Old 10-30-2009, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

!!!Off Topic Alert!!!
Jason, can you post the spring specs of the .650 springs? I just got some stg 2.5's from you and I was wondering what the pressures were. Can I take a MS3 to 7k without float using the stainless valves in the 2.5 head?
Old 10-31-2009, 03:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

In no way I had my heart set on a set of dual springs. I actually thought a beehive spring would be better because if I read right it's lighter. If I went to a single beehive spring I would have to change the locks/retainers because the heads have 977's on them now.

I am looking for the spring that best fits my application regardless of what it is. I don't "have" to have the biggest baddest spring if I don't need it.

Thank you for the replies.

I did cancel my order today so I will be shopping for new springs this weekend.