Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lets talk long tubes

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lets talk long tubes

i know that some will say a longtube header is a longtube header but that just isn't true. slp and kooks headers cost what they cost due to r and d and quality. they will almost always perform better but to me that extra 7 horsepower isn't worth another 500 bux. that being said how do these cheap egay longtubes compare to a cheaper set like pace setters. not looking to spend a fortune because i will likely have to modify and tig whatever set i get as they are going in a mustang. anybody ran the ebay headers?
Old 10-27-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

One of the things that jumps the cost is the stainless VS mild steel. If your going to cut them up and re weld them I would get a set of un coated headers and do what you have to and them have them coated, unless you like rust.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by conan
One of the things that jumps the cost is the stainless VS mild steel. If your going to cut them up and re weld them I would get a set of un coated headers and do what you have to and them have them coated, unless you like rust.
word... besides that, don't get drawn in thinking that just because they are more expensive they will give you more HP, in most cases its simply not true..
Old 10-27-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the eBay LT's on mine, and couldn't be any happier. Ground clearance is good, price was perfect, and they're stainless. I also noticed a huge difference going from all stock, to the LT's and true duals setup.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Launching!

sounds like i'll definitley be picking a set up
Old 10-27-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just make sure they fit ... heh.