Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilt 4x4 4L60E or Junkyard 4L60E

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilt 4x4 4L60E or Junkyard 4L60E

Might sound like a dumb question or easy decision for most but i can seem to figure out where ill be better off. Ive got a 1994 Chevrolet K1500 truck that ive had the same trans out of 5 different times because the 3 different people that it was taken to, couldnt seem to get it right when rebuilding it..i finally got sick of it and junked the whole damn transmission and decided to start from scratch...well now i realize im going to need a CORE.....so im looking at getting a junkyard trans to just put in the truck because its going to be about 600 w/o core and ill get a 90 day warranty to make sure it pans out...again this might sound like a bad idea but not im pretty frustrated with taking the damn thing to people that SAY they can rebuild an overdrive and i figured if it came froma junkyard it more than likely had to be driving to get in the accident that got it there...lol any suggestions? really dont want to dump another $1000 into this damn transmission issue with the truck.. as it is i payed less for the truck than ive got in trying to put an f'n transmission in it
Old 10-28-2009, 10:08 AM
10 Second Club

If you're not trying to get anymore performance out of the truck, then I'd just go get one from an "auto recycler" and be done with it.

I only make it a point to not say junk yard because there are plenty out there that only deal with junk. A decent place will offer a warranty and be able to get you hooked up with what you need, not just something "that will work".
Old 10-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

haha yes "auto recycler".. thanks for the input

Quick Reply: Rebuilt 4x4 4L60E or Junkyard 4L60E