Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Truck manifolds, stock k-member and 4" downpipe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Truck manifolds, stock k-member and 4" downpipe?

Is it possible? I am getting a truck manifold turbo kit built with a GT91 turbo and need to run a 4" DP. I have stock k-member right now. I'm on a budget and heard if you get spohn solid motor and trans mounts it'll fit? I have a T56 if that matters. It would save me a few hundred bucks which could be put to good use elsewhere. How harsh is it to drive on solid mounts? It's not an every day driver car, but will see a lot of street and little track. I figured a turbo k-member wouldn't be the greatest either street driving wise? Any suggestions? Where to buy the mounts also?
Old 10-28-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the solid sphon mounts and I cant tell a differance in the ride. I know they will rais the motor up a bit I can un bolt my oil pan with out dropping the k member lol. And yes you can do a 4 inch through the stock k but with out AC.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:07 PM
8 Second Club

With the Spohn solid mounts, which I highly recommend, along with the spacer block for the trans. And a cheap $289 PA racing k-member, I can fit 5" along the passenger side. Bigger is better with a DP.
With a truck manifold kit I just did recently, and a BMR standard k-member, I could barely fit 3.5" pipe. I had to jack the engine off the mounts, lay the pipe, then put the engine back in place. Also had to grind on the block in spots for clearance, and to fit the v-band. I was not impressed.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Regular

So then I should get the spohn solid motor mounts and trans mount to fit a 4" thru. I don't want to get a k-member, is it bad to cruise on solid mounts? Its a street car, so I don't want to mess anything up. Is the turbo k-member the way to go in all honesty and keep the stock mounts? Also I don't know if a T56 has any advandage.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought you were going to run an ebay kit and t88?
Old 10-28-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Regular

Ebay kit is too small, along with a T88. I am working with a member on here who is in the process of becoming a sponser and is making me a truck manifold kit. I need to fit a 4" DP regardless. Looks like the spohn solid motor mounts and trans mount is the way to go, now I just have to find a set.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have driven my car on solid mounts from GA to TX a number of times No issues. I was looking at the bmr turbo k member but now Im looking at the pa racing bigger is better in a down pipe lol that is so true. But yes with some finess you can get the 4 inch to fit but by by ac.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

spohn solid mount 4" down pipe

Last edited by phoenix; 10-28-2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: wrong picture
Old 10-28-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by veee8
With the Spohn solid mounts, which I highly recommend, along with the spacer block for the trans. And a cheap $289 PA racing k-member, I can fit 5" along the passenger side. Bigger is better with a DP.
With a truck manifold kit I just did recently, and a BMR standard k-member, I could barely fit 3.5" pipe. I had to jack the engine off the mounts, lay the pipe, then put the engine back in place. Also had to grind on the block in spots for clearance, and to fit the v-band. I was not impressed.
What is this spacer block you speak of I am going to be running the sphon solid mount, is there something i should be aware of with the transmission? I did notice that its going to be pretty hard to take the trans in and out with the solid mounts cuz the motor wont tilt. The spacer you are talking about is that to move the trans mount up?
Old 10-28-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

Phoenix, is that stock K? I can't tell because I'm on my phone. From what I've been told you need both motor and trans spohn solid mounts. So where is everyone getting them and does it matter A4 or M6?
Old 10-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Banned

4" is tight even with Sphon solid stands and a tube K-member.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Red91vette
Phoenix, is that stock K? I can't tell because I'm on my phone. From what I've been told you need both motor and trans spohn solid mounts. So where is everyone getting them and does it matter A4 or M6?
yep thats a stock k-member
Old 10-28-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

I've heard the tube K can make it worse? Beat to go with the turbo K or solid mounts. Phoenix you just have the motor mounts right? Bo trans? I'll probably do the trans just for good measure. That completes my hot side,now just have to figure everything else out, especially the electronics of boosting my car.

Quick Reply: Truck manifolds, stock k-member and 4" downpipe?