Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Sts guys, little help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sts guys, little help please

My car is all done and sitting up at Speed Inc. They took it out on the street to do the drivability tune and at full throttle, the oil pressure buzzer started going off. A few people I talked to had broblems with the buzzer sending unit itself and just disconnected it, but I want to make sure it's not a serious problem first. What's the steps to diagnose this problem to see if there is oil pressure or if it is just a sending unit malfunction. Seems like all the people with the sts kits have basically the same problems and figured someone may have had this happen to them. Just looking for the steps to diagnose.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 10-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you could get a oil puressure gauge. Use an electric one so u just have to put a sender in. put it in the puessure line after the 2nd pump and could monitor it all the time then unplug the buzzer
Old 10-28-2009, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

Umm no with the above post... The buzzer is coming on because the pump is off. From your problem its the low to high switch. Find that switch and jump it to run high all the time. Also if your running the switch for the pcv make sure that green wire infront of it is not touching anything. If that fails check your relays in the sts harness and check the ground, verify that the pump is seeing 12 v under boost. If that fails re set the tq in the pump by turning it counter clock wise. Just loosen the bolts on top turn a 1.4 inch tighten them back down and see if it holds. If it dosent the pump is defective.

And No I dont work for STS LOL!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ what outlaw said. i was also told that to low or to high will set it off as well
Old 10-29-2009, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to disagree, but it could be a bad relay too - that's what caused my pump not to turn on and made the buzzer sound - replaced the relay, problem solved.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a relay go on me, was driving down road buzzer went off. I pulled over immediately, checked fuses. Popped the covers on the two relays in harness and BAM. One relays was corroded on the inside. Lucky I have backups in the car. Popped it in an all was good.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Resident

i have the pump on the same relay as the oil pump.. so if the fuse goes the car shuts off. no excessive oil leaking
Old 10-29-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sujomatt
i have the pump on the same relay as the oil pump.. so if the fuse goes the car shuts off. no excessive oil leaking
I hope ur not hauling *** when that happens LOL!!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for all the responses guys! They got it fixed today. Guess it was a problem with a resistor that sts has been having for a while. Again, thanks

Ryan
Old 10-29-2009, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

Make damn sure they FIXED it and not just cut the buzzer wire. I saw where a guy was having the same problem, and the shop couldnt fix it, so they cut the wire and said it was fixed. Yeah, bad business I know. But that stuff does happen..
Old 10-31-2009, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Oh they fixed it, picked it up yesterday and he showed me exactley what the did. Larry really takes time and I'm sure he would not send any car out of the shop unless it was absolutley perfect. I wouldn't think a company as big as Speed Inc. would want that kind of reputation.

Ryan

Quick Reply: Sts guys, little help please