Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use "Pro Blend" additives?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use "Pro Blend" additives?

I have a friend, an older guy who is a mechanical engineer that is also a car nut. He is very sceptical of "snake oil", but he swears by this stuff. He has a collection of 8 cars including classic GTO's x 4!!! Hemi 'cuda that he races, and a few other toys. Anyway, he put this oil additive into his race car, the cuda, and within 30 minutes of driving, he had to turn the idle down because it raised 300 rpms on its own. Now I find this hard to belive, but he absolutly swears by it, and has placed all there additives into his race car, and has gained 3 tenths!! If this crap really does "free up" the metal moving parts, that would be amazing. He has done a test where he put a regular bearing race into a pot of hot regular oil, and another race into into another pot with the same oil, same weight (Valvoline) with the additive. He brought them up to temp that a car would have inside the crankcase for 30 min. Then placed the races into a drill press with an arbor tip. The 1st race started to smoke and get damaged with around 30 ft lbs of pressure on the other hand the one with the additive took over 100 ft lbs of pressure on the drill press handle to start to damage the race. WTF?! Tell me if this is even possible, and no, he doesn't work for the company that makes this stuff.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Best site to ask this question on is BITOG (Bobistheoilguy). The experts on this kind of stuff hang out there. If there are people using & testing this stuff, they will likely be on that site. Good-luck
Old 10-29-2009, 12:16 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The only additives I'll EVER use are Lucas. It's proven to work, and worth the money. About 90% of other "additives" on the market are complete **** and do not work.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Damian
The only additives I'll EVER use are Lucas. It's proven to work, and worth the money. About 90% of other "additives" on the market are complete **** and do not work.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm
Lucas is junk
Old 10-29-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i never had issues with Lucas, i have always used it in my T/A 95k on it, and my dad has used it in his semis, which some of them are pushing 1.5 million miles with no overhauls, and they are still rollin, so im going to trust lucas... i have seen that **** about lucas getting air trapped in it at high rpms blah blah blah honestly untill someone puts a camera in the crankcase and proves it to me that way im not buying it, so Lucas to me is worth it.. im going to research the Pro Blend stuff im kinda curious my self
Old 10-29-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used the pro blend fuel additive for about two fiil ups and noticed a smoother engine and slightly better mileage. Shortly after using the additive my fuel pump died, so have not played with that additve since.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

also someone please show me where inside of an engine do you have a gear like that just free spinning hmm... ya no where only in the oil pump maybe similar conditions might happen but unlike in that demenstration in the oil pump you have heat and pressure in that demenstration heat and pressure are not present so that does not make it a true comparison between conditions in the motor and that plastic container they have there, also it look like they are spinning that thing to some crazy rpms
Old 10-29-2009, 03:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^
It's simulating a rear end gear, not engine related.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well from what I see of the oil test the moron didn't even use the same oil in the test. Uses one kind of oil in one gear case and a different oil in the other? How is that testing lucas? Same oil both gear cases one with lucas one without. That is how to properly test it. Thanks for the waste of time tho.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1-450
^^^
It's simulating a rear end gear, not engine related.

OP was about engine oil not gears... thats the only thing i can see it being an issue in is the rear end but 99% of people just go with 80w90 with GM additive and thats it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone use "Pro Blend" additives?