Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header, ory, intake and flow pac question

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header, ory, intake and flow pac question

Like the title says I am going to be purchasing headers, y pipe, and flo pac or similiar. I am curious if I should also find a ls6 intake. My question is If I get the ARh 1-3/4 lt headers with matching ory, and put the flo pac on the car, what am I going to need to do to have no check engine lights. I only have obd II diag testing in my area, no sniffer. Will I need the pcm reflashed? If so Should I also get a ls6 intake? What am I gonna have to do with that? I am pretty new to my car, and I want a relilable car that has no worries passing insp. I also want a bit more power. I am also planning on koni's and a 1.6" drop and some new wheels and tires. These are ALL the mods that the future may hold for this car and I want to keep it for a while. Money really isnt much of an issue I just dont want to jump into the wrong parts! Please input. I would really prefer someone to break it all down for me. Thanks in advance. Btw I have a 99 z28 6mt
Old 10-28-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You'll need to get the egr, air pump, and rear o2 sensors tuned out. I would do the ls6 at the same time time as the headers. Then you can remove the air pump and egr with the manifold swap and clean up the engine bay.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

good choice on the headers (ARH) and i would suggest getting the SLP flowpac, its the best cold air setup in my mind and a great price also. you will need to get a tune with headers and a ory setup, just get the egr, air, and 02 codes deleted or tuned out. also the LS6 intake is a good choice or step up to the fast 92/92 combo for alot more power (that will run you a good amount of dough tho)
Bill
Old 10-28-2009, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by conan
You'll need to get the egr, air pump, and rear o2 sensors tuned out. I would do the ls6 at the same time time as the headers. Then you can remove the air pump and egr with the manifold swap and clean up the engine bay.

that's what i did except i kpet the ls1 intake for now

are u doin the install yourself?
Old 10-28-2009, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

yea I am doing the install myself. I have read thru the how to's and I am a helicopter mechanic as well as a at home mechanic on all cars/ I am just a litle confussed on all that I SHOULD do. I am liking the bbk intake. That has nothing for egr, correct? What about the ARH, no egr, or do they need to be plugged. As far as tune, do I need a scanner/programmer like diablo or can I have a dyno shop tune it, or do I need to send pcm away. I am looking at getting all the parts next week and would like to get a pretty solid list togother! Also I have a borla catback currently, what kind of hp/tq would I be looking at, ball park with a decent tune.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by southernculture
yea I am doing the install myself. I have read thru the how to's and I am a helicopter mechanic as well as a at home mechanic on all cars/ I am just a litle confussed on all that I SHOULD do. I am liking the bbk intake. That has nothing for egr, correct? What about the ARH, no egr, or do they need to be plugged. As far as tune, do I need a scanner/programmer like diablo or can I have a dyno shop tune it, or do I need to send pcm away. I am looking at getting all the parts next week and would like to get a pretty solid list togother! Also I have a borla catback currently, what kind of hp/tq would I be looking at, ball park with a decent tune.
You could keep the ls1 intake and just block off the egr hole so you can get every thing tuned out at once. If you cant afford every thing at once. The ls6 intake doesn't use a egr, and with out cats the air pump and rear o2's are not needed. I'm not sure if the diablo will turn off the dtc's for those systems or not. Hp tuner will, and if you have a dyno shop in the area they will usually do it for cheap, or you have a full tune done if the modding is done for awhile. Also get new GM exhaust manifold gaskets do not use paper gaskets. You can also get some stainless bolts or studs if you dont want to see rusty bolts on new stainless. As far as power... you'll be in the 350-360 rwhp with a full exhaust and ls6 intake through a 6 speed trany. One more thing when ordering your headers ask for the stainless band style clams to put the headers and Y pipe together dont use the "U" style it will crush the pipe and make it a bitch to remove in the future.

Last edited by conan; 10-28-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

money really isnt an issue. I think I am gonna get the bbk 85mm intake, ARH and AR ORY. SLP FLOW pac. some 18's, koni's, the sps 1.6" lowering springs and some hawk pads. Take this sucker to a dyno shop have it tuned and be done with it. A dyno shop will reflash my ecu there? I am kinda confussed on that aspect of it. My goal was to be around 375 rwhp. What else would I need to be around there, electric water pump? I really dont wanna start messing with cams. I also dont want too much to be putting my rearend in jeopardy.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

When you call us to order your headers just let us know if you want them "race" we will delete the air/egr for you when we build the headers. If you need more details please give us a call at the shop 631.608.1986

Anthony
ARH
Old 10-29-2009, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

do you have a website? what is the pricing?
Old 10-31-2009, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

0019829 ARH LongTube 1-3/4 304-SS Off-Road Ypipe - Camaro/Firebird 1998-99 $1,168.50 $1,168.50
002909 SLP Cold Air Package, 1998-99 LS-1 Camaro/Firebird (FlowPac) $307.00 $307.00
007810 BBK SSI Intake Manifold and 80mm Throttle Body LS1 fbody - silver $749.99 $749.99
00836 Koni Single Adjustable Front/Rear Shocks Set(4) $899.95 $899.95
001857 BMR Lowering Springs - Camaro / Firebird V8 1993-02 1.25 Drop $249.95 $249.95
00891 Hurst Billet Plus Shifters, Chrome Stick w/ **** $194.95 $194.95

Total $3,570.34
I am ordering this right now.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Once I get my parts installed should I just go to a dyno shop and tell them to tune it for the mods and remove the check engine lights/trouble codes. Do I need to order any other parts?