Old 10-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default turbo/ procharger preference daily driver

Which would you prefer to dd on a forged 347, pros and cons
Old 10-29-2009, 05:12 PM
10 Second Club

turbos,heres my home built setup in action,im right after the yellow gto runs the tang..
http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...t=DSCF0173.flv
Old 10-29-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have had my procharger set up on my car for around 3 years and have right at 40,000 miles on it.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Turbo....

Main con I have with a blower is belt issues...some people get lucky and NEVER have a problem, while some seem to NEVER be able to get it set up properly, and on a DD, if you throw your belt every time you lay into it, it will start to suck real bad.

Plus, turbos are just plain bad ***.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:54 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by D-Webz
I have had my procharger set up on my car for around 3 years and have right at 40,000 miles on it.
Cool, we have a lot of very happy customer's out there, ever since ProCharger came out with their eight rib kits. Bob
Old 10-29-2009, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Theres pros and cons of each. Just a few that come to mind...theres many many more...and my opinion is a lil biased - see sig.

Turbo -
Pros: easier adjustability of boost setting, more friendly to otherwise 'tame' engine modifications (doesn't require a very radical cam to be efficient), easier on engine components, quieter exhaust note.
Cons: May require a lil more fabrication, possible movement/removal of accessories, more likely to be more expensive initially, power has a slight delay compared to supercharged app's.

Supercharger-
Pros: Kits are more direct purchase and arguably more complete, less fabrication/relocation of accessories, you hear them all the time, power is more instant.
Cons: More radical camshafts to make them perform optimally (less stealthy), belt slip, more involved in changing boost levels/settings
Old 10-29-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think in most cases a WELL setup turbo would be the preference, with the turbo you have the ability to set it at low boost for street driving then set it on kill for the race track just by changing you boost controller(and maybe your fuel).

As stated above sc can be badass to but changing the boost level is more complicated, either pulley swaps, or pulling timing. The pros of a sc is that the power is alot more linear as there is no spool time.

Personally I also think sc's are alot easier to race because you dont need to all the electronics like two steps to build boost off the line.

Quick Reply: turbo/ procharger preference daily driver