Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynomax Bullet or Moroso spiral flow which is better to quiet exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynomax Bullet or Moroso spiral flow which is better to quiet exhaust?

So im doing a head/cam on my 02 ws6 and right now my exhaust is long tubes with ory and a gmmg. Ive been looking for a slp dual/dual but cant find one and i wanted to quiet down my exhaust cause my car was loud before and im sure its going to be alot louder with a cam, so i wanted a quick solution intill i can find a good slp dual/dual or buy a magnaflow or hooker catback. So which of those 2 mufflers would do the job better with out sounding shitty (dynomax or moroso) both are about the same price so thats not a issue. Let me know what you guys think. I would buy the catback now but i just droped all my money on a new motor heads and a cam so i only have about $100 or little more left.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

i have the dumped moroso and i love the sound, here is a sound clip. mods are just bolt-ons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvhEL0mJGJ0
Old 10-29-2009, 09:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moroso will be quieter than the bullet. Here's my old bullet set-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOPxnp5JgjI
Old 10-30-2009, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 97ta383
So im doing a head/cam on my 02 ws6 and right now my exhaust is long tubes with ory and a gmmg. Ive been looking for a slp dual/dual but cant find one and i wanted to quiet down my exhaust cause my car was loud before and im sure its going to be alot louder with a cam, so i wanted a quick solution intill i can find a good slp dual/dual or buy a magnaflow or hooker catback. So which of those 2 mufflers would do the job better with out sounding shitty (dynomax or moroso) both are about the same price so thats not a issue. Let me know what you guys think. I would buy the catback now but i just droped all my money on a new motor heads and a cam so i only have about $100 or little more left.
Hey man just find a magnaflow muffler and put it in the I-pipe. One guy on here in one of the post I think it was "Went from a Loudmouth to a Borlamouth" An he was unhappy cause he said whatever magnaflow muffler he put in made his car too quiet. If I was you I would think about getting a Bullet muffler to quiet that thing down instead of getting a new catback depending on which one you get it would be $60 to $80 and then you would just have to cut that little section out and then weld the bullet in. Not much money spent in that. Sound like a good idea?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea i think puting a bullet muffler would be the best idea but would there be a difference between any? I would rather not spend $150 for a borla muffler and im not sure how much the magnaflow cost. Would i be better of just geting the dynomax thats what everyone seems to use.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:47 AM
TECH Resident

Hows the drone on the highway with those?
Old 10-30-2009, 04:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey I sent you a PM on who to contact cause he may have a bullet coming up for sale but you can try to contact magnaflow. I don't think the dynomax bullet is going to make it quiet enough for you bout that would kill the rasp.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

Get a stainless steel Magnaflow #14419(about $73) and mount it almost right off the end of the Y-pipe. FYI, I have no drive shaft contact from full compression,to full extension of the suspension, also no ground clearance issues.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an slp dual/dual factory exhaust with 14k miles in great condition... if you'd be interested in that. PM with your location if you're interested.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

I have both setups. The spiral flows kinda give it that old school sound, deepens the tone alot. The dynomax's are at least twice as loud and IMO have the closest closest sound to open headers you will find. The idle clip in my sig is with the bullets.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed LT and ORY. I have the GMMG. I put a dynomax bullet after the Y. You can find the post it links You-tube. I felt it was too loud for a 600 mile a week daily driver awesome for a weekend warrior. I got to 12" chambers fro Eric at Classic Chamber. He's the guy that makes the powersticks. I Love IT. I installed them before the tips. It sounds just like the original GMMG but has NO Drone. I have photos, I will post tonight and I will get a sound cut. I could not be happier, I'm also convinced I added no additional restrictions.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've got two 3" moroso spiral-flow's for sale!

Quick Reply: Dynomax Bullet or Moroso spiral flow which is better to quiet exhaust?