Hennessey Performance

Old 10-30-2009, 01:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hennessey Performance

I wanted to share my experience with others regarding Hennessey Performance.

Last Thursday, I walked in to Hennessey Performance on the way back from San Antonio. I wanted to get some info on a head/cam package and and a qoute. Tyler came out to help me, and was very polite. We talked about what I was looking for, possible cam specs, and a ballpark price. I told him that I was not in a rush and have no time table for my work to be completed. I gave him my email and he told me that he would send me an email with the details.

After a week of waiting, I decided to email him. He replied

Sorry for the delay in getting you the quote we talked about. Unfortunately, I talked to my boss and he said that we have too much work right now that we can’t keep up. Because of that we wouldn’t be able to do a package like this for quite some time. I do have several people I could recommend you to if you would like. Sorry about the delay, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but this seems like a "we no longer do 4-5k c5 jobs". I told him that I am not in a hurry, and do not have a time table. I can wait 6 months. Also, I know every other performance shop in the Houston/San Antonio area. I told him that England Green tuned my car, and I didn't want a reference.

I know that there is not a lot of profit to be gained on a head/cam swap, but I just find it amazing a company this big no longer will do a 4-5k job.

Last edited by winters97gt; 10-30-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:59 AM
Launching!

To me it just sounds like they are busy. I'd chill out and just take it somewhere else.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:05 AM
On The Tree

I agree, a strong possibility, but if you click on my link, they were more than willing to get after a SC install on my car, from a different representative 7 weeks earlier. Tyler, had no idea who I was, and did not go through on his word, about emailing me. It takes a minute or two to email somebody. SC, yes. Heads/cam, not intersted. Both would have netted them around 2k in labor/tuning.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

seven weeks is a good amount of time to get some projects in... i understand what you mean but he could have lied to you and taken your car and not even started working on it for like 3 months... i know you said you were more than willing to wait a while but i think if it came down to it after a while you would want it back... hell my car has been down for only 5 weeks and im diein to put it back together n drive it!!! but GL on your install!
Old 10-30-2009, 02:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
seven weeks is a good amount of time to get some projects in... i understand what you mean but he could have lied to you and taken your car and not even started working on it for like 3 months... i know you said you were more than willing to wait a while but i think if it came down to it after a while you would want it back... hell my car has been down for only 5 weeks and im diein to put it back together n drive it!!! but GL on your install!
Thanks, but....

The SC would not have taken 7 weeks.

7 weeks before last week, they were willing to get to work on my car doing an SC install. I was emailing a different representative at Hennessey and they gave me a full quote and were willing to do the work.

7 weeks later, I decided to go NA, and went by the shop. If you click on my link, you will that neither install have to do with one another.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by winters97gt
I agree, a strong possibility, but if you click on my link, they were more than willing to get after a SC install on my car, from a different representative 7 weeks earlier. Tyler, had no idea who I was, and did not go through on his word, about emailing me. It takes a minute or two to email somebody. SC, yes. Heads/cam, not intersted. Both would have netted them around 2k in labor/tuning.
well i wouldn't judge an entire place of business from just one person, seems like tyler made a mistake and forgot..... people make mistakes but he shouldn't have tried to cover it up the way he did, maybe he's scared he might lose his job.....

if everyone judged places of business by just one employee then nobody would ever buy a car from a dealership

also, maybe tyler was right and Hennessey Performance will only do jobs that make a certain amount of money or higher and the head and cam package wasn't worth their time..... Hennessey Performance is a HUGE name WORLDWIDE, more than likely they don't care about installing exhaust on a car or a cam on a car, they got their name and recognition by doing big jobs for big money

I would assume Hennessey Performance wants the higher end customers that pay BIG bucks for BIG jobs and leaves the small stuff like exhaust, heads, cam, intake and other small jobs to the million other speeds shops...... that way Hennessey can focus on the BIG picture like they have been doing

just my .02 cents
Old 10-30-2009, 06:59 AM
8 Sec Tuner

We treat each one of our customers the same. Weather your wanting a basic install on a 02 f-body or spending 20K plus on our Stage 4 package on a new C6 Z06.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:08 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they are to busy or feel they don't want to do it because the job is not profitable enough and are nice enough to refer you to others, why not move on? Instead of sounding bitter. This reminds me of when shops switched from working on LT-1's to LSX cars. Alot of shops wouldn't work on them because inevitably as they were upgrading something a rusted or worn out part would break during the install and the customer would jump up and down wanting the shop to replace the part because, " It was working when I brought it in!"
Old 10-30-2009, 08:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
We treat each one of our customers the same. Weather your wanting a basic install on a 02 f-body or spending 20K plus on our Stage 4 package on a new C6 Z06.
x2. G-Force has always treated me like a king and I am nobody. You can't beat good customer service, especially these days!!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie
well i wouldn't judge an entire place of business from just one person, seems like tyler made a mistake and forgot..... people make mistakes but he shouldn't have tried to cover it up the way he did, maybe he's scared he might lose his job.....

if everyone judged places of business by just one employee then nobody would ever buy a car from a dealership

also, maybe tyler was right and Hennessey Performance will only do jobs that make a certain amount of money or higher and the head and cam package wasn't worth their time..... Hennessey Performance is a HUGE name WORLDWIDE, more than likely they don't care about installing exhaust on a car or a cam on a car, they got their name and recognition by doing big jobs for big money

I would assume Hennessey Performance wants the higher end customers that pay BIG bucks for BIG jobs and leaves the small stuff like exhaust, heads, cam, intake and other small jobs to the million other speeds shops...... that way Hennessey can focus on the BIG picture like they have been doing

just my .02 cents
IF Hennessey does do that then they are stupid. Shops cant thrive on HUGE DEALS/INSTALLS alone. It takes the small/smaller stuff to keep it going. And yes they do have a huge name, just for the Vipers mainly. LMR is big for the f-bodies. Personally i wouldnt take my car to Hennessey bc first of all hes a dick(I tried having a convo with him a couple of years ago and he thought he was too good for me) and second of all his track sucks. He ONLY preps it good enough for his bs runs and not that good for paying customers.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:33 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Would you rather them to have told you they could do it, take your money, and a deposit, and then not do the work because they are too busy? Wouldn't you be on here screaming about your car that had been sitting for X period of time...

I actually have to say its pretty stand up for a shop to tell you they are too busy to take on some work rather than take your car and your money, and ultimately upset you. They even tried to help you find a shop to do the work.

Why be all bitter? Why make a bunch of unfounded assumptions that you can't prove? Why not just accpet they might be busy, and move on. Go see one of the shops you mentioned, and get what you wangted from one of the other highly qualified shops in Houston?

I don't see this as a reason to get upset IMHO.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:46 AM
Launching!

I wouldn't be pissed at all. There are several other shops in Houston with better reps I'd pick before that one.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:01 AM
12 Second Club

and another reason I do my own "small" work..
Old 10-30-2009, 09:30 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

I don't see a problem either. It's totally feasible that they really are just too busy to get to it. With Hennessey's rep, they are probably just trying to avoid another situation where another customer is unhappy because of the lack of progress on their car.

As far as shops putting priority on the more expensive projects, it's common. Happens all the time, and even with big name shops you wouldn't even expect. That's business, maybe not ethical, but that's business.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Banned

Hey at least they didn't take your car in and half of the cash up front only to screw you around for months and months. I'd rather a shop tell me up front that they do not have the time to mess with it versus what usually happens.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Teching In

The problem with that type of logic is the guy may only want a small job this month. The shop who does a good job and takes care of this customer may very well create an on-going relationship. When that same customer is ready to drop some bucks he returns to the folks that took care of him.

+1 for G-Force
Old 10-30-2009, 10:47 AM
HoustonPerformanceDriving

I'm fond of G Force LMR Vetttech and a couple other shops around town but hell if I will ever recommend or take my car to Hennessey
Old 10-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

wouldn't go to hennessey if you paid me to.who is vette tech
Old 10-30-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Regular

Tyler is a good friend of mine, I was in the shop the other day and it's completely full. He said they are crazy busy right now.

I don't think it was that they didn't want to, he was just being honest.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZFSix
Tyler is a good friend of mine, I was in the shop the other day and it's completely full. He said they are crazy busy right now.

I don't think it was that they didn't want to, he was just being honest.
Thanks, sounds right. Tyler was a nice, guy, as I mentioned.

They are probably just full. Oh well, talked to Pavlock performance today, and Icon. Both seem like they have fair prices and I was pleased with their service. I will be calling EG and Robert at Gforce on Monday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hennessey Performance