Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

headlight housings

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default headlight housings

i want to paint the backside of my headlight housings black,sick of the ugly factory gray. i painted the front bumper support last year satin black and it really turned out good and makes a huge difference. i have seen others that have done this and was wondering what steps you guys took far as prep and what paint did you use?
Old 10-30-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

i literally just did this a few hours ago. after seeing several posts about the whistler mod, i decided to tackle it today, and while i was at it i painted the entire housing black. it looks SO much better.not too much prep. i just stuff some paper towls into the hole for the light bulbs, covered the screws the best i could, and then sanded it abit with some 600 grit paper. then painted it with some $.96 black paint (gotta love walmart), and then coved it with a dupli-color clear coat- its made for wheels, but i use it because its made to with stand high heat. and it gives a nice glossy finish
Old 10-30-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think it is dupli-color that makes a plastic adhesion primer i was going to try and find and then shoot it satin black like my front bumper support.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

yea if you already did everything else satin, than you should definitely go that route.