Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

relocating pcv ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default relocating pcv ?

would it be ok to relocate pcv on 98 ss to the rear of driverside valve cover, bought car a month ago 36k on it and was going to change pcv to fixed orafice type and found i have no pcv at all, where it installs normally at front of intake it has just a piece of tubing going to intake. no pcv mount or ground cable thought it would be easier and work better if it was mounted vertically with existing tubing and taking cap from back of valve cover and replacing it with plug and putting gromet in it to mount pcv. that way oil cant just sit in tube and drain directly back into valve cover , am i thinking right or just being stupid
Old 11-01-2009, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

I don't know but if you do post some pics. My pcv always sprays a fine
mist of oil on front of engine.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by kirbyman03
would it be ok to relocate pcv on 98 ss to the rear of driverside valve cover, bought car a month ago 36k on it and was going to change pcv to fixed orafice type and found i have no pcv at all, where it installs normally at front of intake it has just a piece of tubing going to intake. \
The pcv should be inside of the hose that runs to side of the intake. If you look closely at the hose, it should be two piece about 4in from the intake. Pull it apart you should see the pcv valve, atleast thats how my 02' is...
Old 11-01-2009, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

no pcv is not there previous owner must have taken out and just put a piece of tube from plastic line in front of where pcv should be and up to intake. dont know why. on passenger side where line runs it has a bulged area about the middle of valvecover is there something in there to.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

I would put it back to stock configuration, but add a catch can. I wonder why the previous owner left the pcv valve out??