I opend up my glove compartment, and papers appear to be "chewed" up...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I opend up my glove compartment, and papers appear to be "chewed" up...

I probably haven't opened it up in a month or so... and I noticed that some of the papers inside there appear to be chewed up. I think a mouse or something somehow crawled up in there... Has anyone else seen something like this? If so, how did you deal with it? There are so many wires behind the glove compartment, I'm worried that the mouse chewed something else up, or may do so in the future . WTF
Old 10-31-2009, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dude it just was not meant to be. Put that car up for sale before something else happens. You seem to have the worst luck. Backed into,bushed,dented,keyed and mice. The only thing left is fire.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, every thread you post, is something wrong/bad that happened to your car.
Geez. Don't sell it... some poor guy is going to have worse luck than you.
Hate to say this but... gulp... you might consider STARTING the fire! lol. jk!

Good luck on your mice hunt!
Mouse trap?
Old 10-31-2009, 10:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SLV_WS6
Dude it just was not meant to be. Put that car up for sale before something else happens. You seem to have the worst luck. Backed into,bushed,dented,keyed and mice. The only thing left is fire.
Ya man, its ridiculous. Since tonight is a huge party night, and my entire culdesac is partying tonight (15+kegs) <-I kid you not. I parked my car in my GFs gararge. I could only imagine what would happen to my car if I kept it outside.

SuperBat... One of my roommates a couple months ago said that he saw that some gum in his cup holder was chewed up... So he put a mouse trap in there, but never caught a mouse
Old 10-31-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Make sure the paper clears the latch. My registration papers are all torn because they were barely getting caught in it and I could see you getting that confused with a mouse.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

I had a mouse in my race car several years ago. just laid down some paper towels and 2 good mouse traps on the passenger side floorboard and had him within two nights or so. Bait it with peanut butter.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

Besides mouse traps...you can put some mothballs in the glove box and down in the engine compartment.

Mice hate them things

.....and then you don't need to worry about taking a dead mouse out of your glove box that's been dead in a trap for a couple of days !
Old 11-01-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by K9Kev
Besides mouse traps...you can put some mothballs in the glove box and down in the engine compartment.

Mice hate them things

.....and then you don't need to worry about taking a dead mouse out of your glove box that's been dead in a trap for a couple of days !
dryer sheets will work as well... we have had problems at my work in the past with mice getting under the intake manifolds on some of the cars and chewing through the knock sensor wires... they actually came out with a replacement knock sensor harness and the loom had some kind of mouse deterrent imbedded inside of it... on the outside it had a symbol like a no smoking sign but with a mouse in the middle of it lol... they usually only get into cars that aren't driven much
Old 11-01-2009, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A friend of ours works at a shop and a lady brought in her mini van because of a wretched smell and was like please fix it find out what it is. Well they found it and it was a huge rat dead under the drivers seat it had crawled inside the seat. You know what comes along with mini vans food, trash baby stuff all of the nasty things you can think of.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SLV_WS6
A friend of ours works at a shop and a lady brought in her mini van because of a wretched smell and was like please fix it find out what it is. Well they found it and it was a huge rat dead under the drivers seat it had crawled inside the seat. You know what comes along with mini vans food, trash baby stuff all of the nasty things you can think of.
i've also seen them get in the blower motors lol... it's funny when people complain about it smelling like **** when the ac/heater is on... i guess the rats think it's one of those running wheels until they can't keep up anymore then "chop chop" lol
Old 11-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Launching!

Lol...Imagine driving around and having that rat crawling up ure leg...that would sux!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Silver Fish?

Quick Reply: I opend up my glove compartment, and papers appear to be "chewed" up...