Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Micro Switch question??

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Micro Switch question??

I have the Nitrous Outlet LS1 total package with window switch. I have been useing the throttle position sensor TPS and have not had good luck. Some times it works and some times it does not! So I am installing the micro switch and I know the blue wire that I had pluged into the TPS now goes to the micro switch. My question is the other side of the switch, does this plug into the arming button or relay? I was thinking the arming button because the window switch is pluged into the relay.

Is the micro switch directional? Does it matter witch side of the switch TPS or 12 volts is pluged into?

Last edited by jester ls1; 11-01-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:09 AM
9 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

How are you making your connections? Are you sodering them or using the worthless little wire taps? I would look into more why you cant use your tps before moving on.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

It was the damn window switch!! I grounded out the fuel saftey switch and presto works every time all the time. These window switches are junk, just going to leave it old school and not have to worry about it activating.

If anyone out there is having the same problems disconnect the window switch and just use the micro switch you will never have intermittion problems again.

Thanks Chris and nitrous outlet!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im sorry you are having issues.

I think you are jumping the gun to call them junk. We have sold well over a thousand of those units and out of those thousand we have warrentied maybe 5. Most of the time it is user error or wiring issues.

Please send the unit to us to bench test. If there is an issue we will warrenty it out.

Have you varified as well your TPS sensor is ok. Either way we will take care of you. Dont get fustrated we can help you figure it out.
Dave
Old 11-02-2009, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Dave you guys have always been great, I do not put the blame on your company. I have read to many post's and talked to all local speed shops about these window switches. All said the same thing (You will continue to have issue's if you use a window switch).

The voltage is never the same from the TPS and will cause inconsistences. Some times it works great and then nothing. Thanks for your help but I will just stick with the micro switch. I am the only driver and I know to only use over 3000 rpms.

Last edited by jester ls1; 11-02-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I disagree with who ever said that a windowswitch or a TPS is not reliable. Something is going on for you to have these issues. You are right that TPS volatge will vary but for the most part if full throttle is 4.5 volts it will pretty much always be 4.5 volts. One trick we have learned is that when setting up the TPS we set it for the voltage that is read at 3/4 throttle. This way if the driver is not always pushing the gas all the way down to the floor board the difference in peddle push down will not cause the system not to work..

Dave

Quick Reply: Micro Switch question??