MD Anderson Children's Cancer Center Toy Drive! Hosted by HPD! December 12th + 13th!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow MD Anderson Children's Cancer Center Toy Drive! Hosted by HPD! December 12th + 13th!

S! LS1-TECH Members, Staff, and Guests!

Houston Performance Driving is stepping up to the plate this holiday season and will be collecting toys for the kids @ MD Anderson Cancer Treatment Hospital. We the HPD Staff formally ask everyone* and anyone* that reads this forum to please get involved in this toy drive. These kids are fighting everyday to stay strong and focused while receiving their treatments. Someone of these kids are not from Houston and have very little to no family here while at the hospital. These families have stretched their finances to the limits in getting their children the best medical care possible. More than anything these parents want to give them the best Christmas possible. Houston Performance Driving is asking the Import and Domestic forums and clubs to join together for a wonderful cause.

"The only way for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

I. Mission Statement:

- It is our goal here at HPD to make the biggest impact possible for these kids at MD Anderson. With your help we can make some very sick kids have a wonderful Christmas, because for the generosity of the people that visit Houston Performance Driving. Together with the other car clubs/forums we can give these kids the support and love they need to continue the fight. With in the goal set forth. We are truly determined to collect and donated more toys then any organization in Houston. Again we ask for for all forums and clubs to support this endeavor!

II. Toy Drive Outline:

- Saturday December 12th will be the "Night Meet" @ Frank-N-Steins Bar and Grill in Katy. Starting at 7PM and ending at 12AM. This will be the first collection point for the toy drive. This location is the same location used for TX2K Events. There are 2 lots that will be used.

- Sunday December 13th will the "Cruising for Kids" drive down to Galveston Island. Otherwise known has the South Coast Cruise. There will be 3 collection points on this cruise. (1) North Side rally point. (2) South Side rally point. (3) Galveston (*Cherry Hill*) rally point. HPD will have 2-3 collection trucks following the cruise. Please fill them to the top with toys!

- There will also be a late lunch/early dinner at Salas's Mexican and Seafood on The Seawall after the collection is over at Cherry Hill.

This will also be our back up lot in case Galveston PD pushes us off the hill. Salas's is connected to the Academy Parking lot which can hold all of us. However, we are hoping that Galveston PD will have a open-mind with us having a toy drive for MD Anderson.

III. Night Meet Info: (Saturday Dec. 12th)

- *This meet is open to everyone so please get the word out and bring your friends! Please let them know to bring a toy if possible! You don't need to spend much $, just anything you can. You'll feel great about yourself if you do! Please help any way possible! Thank you!*

Please come out to Frank-N-Steins and enjoy a gathering of Houston fastest rides while doing some good for a great cause. Let's show the people of Houston that this cities car scene is the best in the business!

*Bonus - UFC will be televised @ Frank-N-Steins during the toy drive. What better way to enjoy the night with cars, girls, bros, UFC, while collecting toys for kids!

***Supporting Clubs, Shops, and Forums***

*Bonus - Any auto club, performance shop, or forum that commits to getting involved and donates 10 or more toys has a unit. Will have their name printed on the back of the event T-Shirt! If you wish to have your commit please PM xtc4us or post in this thread. Please post the club, shop, or forum name and that you pledge to bring +10 toys. Email your logo to HPDTDixon@gmail.com or tdixon@crown-staffing.com Thank you!

- (HPD) Houston Performance Driving
- Frank-N-Steins Bar and Grill
- Cemo & Company
- Houston-Streets.com
- Crown Staffing INC
- ReliaPole Solutions
- Lawell Motorsports INC
- Houston-Imports.com
- PostNet
- Fearless Performance.org
- Rowgoat Productions.com
- Stic It Performance
- TXIC Texas Subaru Club
- BavarianSPEED.com
- Boosted-Imports.com
- Gas Tires Oil.com
- TX Goat Herd
- Tuner Life Style TV.com
- Crazy Dog Racing
- LSXNation.net
- AutoWerks
- Join us!

ALL TOYS MUST BE NEW! PLEASE NO USED TOYS!

When: Saturday. December 12th, 2009.
Where: Frank-N-Steins - 233 South Mason Rd. Katy, TX 77450.

Link:http://www.franknsteinsbarandgrill.com/
Time: Start Time = 7PM until Midnight.
Why: It's for the kids! It's the right thing to do. It's X-MAS!
Who: Everyone!
How: Put the ride in D* and it's the pedal on the right.

Parking:

Map:

Meet Rules:

*There will be police officers providing parking lot and event security.

- Bring a toy!
- No racing!
- No loud music.
- No unlawful behavior.
- No aggressive driving.
- Be safe!
- Positive attitude.
- Have fun!
- Have a MERRY X-MAS

V. Toy Drive Cruise to Galveston Island Info: (Sunday Dec. 13th)

- North Side Meet Location: (Collection Point 1)

Massive parking lot on 59 North between Kingwood Dr. and North Park Dr. Meet time @ 11AM w/ roll out @ Noon.

- South Side Meet Location: (Collection Point 2)

Hobby Lobby Parking lot on 288 South @ 518 W. in Pearland area. Meet time @ Noon w/ roll out @ 1:30PM

- Galveston Meet Location: (Collection Point 3)

Cherry Hill @ 3PM with roll out @ 4:30PM to eat dinner at Salas's Mexican and Seafood.

IMPORTANT!!! BACK UP MEET PLACE! If we are moved off Cherry Hill. Salas's Mexican and Seafood is connected to Academy. This parking lot is able to accommodate us.

Cruise Route: From the south side rally point.

- 288 South to Lake Jackson.

- Regroup and refuel @ Bucky's Gas Station.

- 332 East to Surf Side Beach.

- 332 will dead end at The Blue Water Highway.

- Turn NORTH to Galveston Island.

- The group must pass through the San Luis Pass Toll Bridge. It will be $2.00 for the toll. There is a system in place to get through quickly. *See below.

- Once on Seawall BLVD keep heading NORTH all the way to Cherry Hill.

*Pay System for Toll Bridge* = The Cruise Leader will pay for the first 10 cars = $20.......the car that is #11 in line will need to get out and collect $2.00 from the next 9 rides = $20.00. Once the person collects their $20.00 you need to let the next person in the chain know they have to get out and collect $18.00 + your* $2.00 = $20.00....it keeps going until we the end of the line. FYI: It will only take about 15-20 minutes to get off the bridge with +200 rides.

Note: EZ Tag does not work*

VI. Cruise Safety:

This will be a 100% SAFE CRUISE! There will be a zero tolerance on any kind of racing or unsafe driving. This is an event to collect toys for children. This is not NASCAR! Please do not drive outside of your ability.

Gear:

- Toy donation.
- Full tank of fuel.
- Driver's Licence.
- 2 way radio! (This will be very helpful on the cruise)
- Sunglasses.
- SeXXXy female copilot.
- Lunch $.
- Positive attitude.
- Respect for Imports and Domestics.

VII. Questions or Concerns:

- Please contact Troy (xtc4us) or Garett (G-Z06) for any questions on the toy drive or the cruise. One of us will get back to you ASAP!

**REMINDER!** Ladies and Gentlemen, Please remember that we can only take new toys. Please do not bring used toys. Due to the health issues of these children. NEW TOYS ONLY PLEASE. Thank you!

Thank you from Houston Performance Driving!

Last edited by xtc4us; 11-09-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:22 AM

This should turn out well!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Thank you for the sticky LS1-Tech Mod Staff!

If some of the LS1-Techers can get together and let us know you'll be donating +10 toys. I can out LS1-Tech on the event T-Shirt under the MD Anderson event supporters!

Thank you!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Launching!

I will be taking cash donations at the 2920 meet this week and up till the drive and the wife is going to purchase toys if you dont feel like buying or are not sure what to get ....Just look me or her up at the meet

Thanks HPD for helping such a great cause !!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:16 AM
Teching In

Thanks Take!

If anyone who can not make it to either day, but still wants to donate. Please PM me (Troy) and I will work something out to pick them up. Remember if you donate +10 toys you will be put on the T-Shirt has a MD Anderson Supporter.

ThXXX!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

coutn me in for the cruise on sunday and if i can make it out there sat ill be there also!
Old 11-06-2009, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

Great Job!

As a co-owner of a gymnastics business in Houston, and as one of the assistant Aquatics Directors at Houston Country Club, my life is working with kids. I work with and coach 1000 kids a year in our area Our staff would like to volunteer if a hand is needed. (we are all cpr, Safeguarding God's Children, and HISD certified). I am running my daily gymnastics business on Monday, Dec. 14th, but we would love to participate on Sunday. I currently have 1 employee in Nursing school, and one that is a 2 time Texan Cheerleader. Let me know if you need any help with personal support through my email. We have a young, personal staff that is willing to go out of their way.

If donating is all that is needed, we will be more than happy to do so.

Mark Weathers
brownsgym@gmail.com
http://brownsgymnasticsofhouston.com/
832-969-7005

Last edited by winters97gt; 11-06-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Great Job!

As a co-owner of a gymnastics business in Houston, and as one of the assistant Aquatics Directors at Houston Country Club, my life is working with kids. I work with and coach 1000 kids a year in our area Our staff would like to volunteer if a hand is needed. (we are all cpr, Safeguarding God's Children, and HISD certified). I am running my daily gymnastics business on Monday, Dec. 14th, but we would love to participate on Sunday. I currently have 1 employee in Nursing school, and one that is a 2 time Texan Cheerleader. Let me know if you need any help with personal support through my email. We have a young, personal staff that is willing to go out of their way.

Mark Weathers
brownsgym@gmail.com
832-969-7005
- Mark,

I will be contacting you ASAP. There is so much going on today in my world. Thank you for helping us with this event.

Troy.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's nice to see this, the madre works at md anderson and it could be one of the saddest sights to see a 7 year old with cancer, I might not cruise but I will for sure make a donation.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by xtc4us
- Mark,

I will be contacting you ASAP. There is so much going on today in my world. Thank you for helping us with this event.

Troy.
Troy, let me know.

I have talked to a couple of my employees/coaches, and everybody is willing and wanting to give back to the kids. We are sending out a mass email to all of our parents that have students enrolled in our Gymnastics Company to donate. Shoot me an email if you get a chance, to let us know what else we can do.

Mark
Old 11-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Troy, let me know.

I have talked to a couple of my employees/coaches, and everybody is willing and wanting to give back to the kids. We are sending out a mass email to all of our parents that have students enrolled in our Gymnastics Company to donate. Shoot me an email if you get a chance, to let us know what else we can do.

Mark
Mark,

Thanks for the energy! Really gives me some spirit to have people like this get involved. What we really need is: 1) Getting the word out about the event. 2) Participation during the event. 3) TOYS! TOYS!! TOYS!!!

Let me know either here on through PM who/organization/school is gathering these toys so we can put their names on the back on the event T-Shirt. Proceeds from T-Shirts sales will be taken to buy more toys before the final drop off at MD Anderson. - Thank you.

Would like to thank the following groups for the efforts!

- (HPD) Houston Performance Driving
- Frank-N-Steins Bar and Grill
- Cemo & Company
- Houston-Streets.com
- Crown Staffing INC
- ReliaPole Solutions
- Lawell Motorsports INC
- Houston-Imports.com
- PostNet
- Fearless Performance.org
- Rowgoat Productions.com
- Stic It Performance
- TXIC Texas Subaru Club
- BavarianSPEED.com
- Boosted-Imports.com
- Gas Tires Oil.com
- TX Goat Herd
- Tuner Life Style TV.com
- Crazy Dog Racing
- LSXNation.net
- AutoWerks
- Join us!

Please help this list grow! +10 toys gets you on the list for the T-Shirt!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

Great Job!

Mark Weathers
brownsgym@gmail.com
832-969-7005

I'm in on this one as well.

Awesome!
Old 11-24-2009, 08:53 AM
On The Tree

Can my Cub Scout Pack get involved?

We can probably gather 25+ toys from the Parents.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blackfly
Can my Cub Scout Pack get involved?

We can probably gather 25+ toys from the Parents.
Yes please join us. If you can give me the Troop # I can have them on the T-Shirt. Cub Scout Troop #???? Thank you!

Really want to thank the users of LS1-Tech for getting in on this. Think we are on our way to doing some real good for these kids. Remember that these children will not be running around their homes this holiday. No big dinners and no traditional Christmas Day wake-ups to open a living room filled with toys. They will be spending their holiday in a boring and cold hospital while getting their treatments. The wonderful nurses and staff are doing all they can to show these kids a good Christmas. However, lets give them the some help and shower these kids with toys. The only way for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing...

I'm always hearing a lot of talk about how the Houston clubs/forums need to come together and do something. This can be seen has a stepping stone in that direction. Lets enjoy the imports, domestics, UFC, ladies, bros, and do some good for some kids that need our help.

Please help us. Thank you very much.

Troy - HPD Staff.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Teching In

2 weeks out! Woo Wooo! Please join us because we need your help! We've got UFC and +20 flat screen TVs, hot cars, hot girls, bros, and collecting toys for some sick kids. This is a win - win situation.

Here are some pics from the last donation to MD Anderson.

You can see we have some work to do if we want to match last year.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Teching In

After talking with a lot of people at Coffee and Cars Saturday. We are going to have a massive turnout for the toy drive. Should be some heavy hitters and really nice exotics coming out.

UFC will be televised on every TV in Frank-N-Steins.

Let's just hope the weather cooperates with us. Will keep everyone updated going into the weekend.

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by xtc4us
Yes please join us. If you can give me the Troop # I can have them on the T-Shirt. Cub Scout Troop #???? Thank you!

Troy - HPD Staff.

Just Verified - Cub Scout Pack 9 will exceed your Donation requirement of 10 toys.

Please add us on to your shirt.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Teching In

If the weather holds out - I'll be cruisin up from Galveston Saturday evening for the festivities @ Frank-n-stiens......never have been there before and I want to break out the 'Street Assasin II' Pavloc Performance Special that Bryan built up for me. And, I will be bringing some toys for the kids as well.....
Old 12-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cooter brown
If the weather holds out - I'll be cruisin up from Galveston Saturday evening for the festivities @ Frank-n-stiens......never have been there before and I want to break out the 'Street Assasin II' Pavloc Performance Special that Bryan built up for me. And, I will be bringing some toys for the kids as well.....
Yes lets hope the weather cooperates so we can get this event in full swing.

Congrats on the new package from Bryan. He's a really good tech and nice guy on top of that. I'm sure the car rolls out. You've come to the right place for a street test...cough*

Thanks for the toys!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cruise was awesome, and if someone can post up those pics from the HPD camera guy that would be awesome! really good turn out, the cruise was awesome n no one broke the law ... two crazy *** drivers almost ran us off the road but that was no biggie... oh n if anyone knows that guy in the 350Z that got pulled over let us know what happend...

on the down side got three tickets on the way home... pretty shitty ride home, they should all get dismissed though...

Quick Reply: MD Anderson Children's Cancer Center Toy Drive! Hosted by HPD! December 12th + 13th!