Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Thinking about buying a V within the next year

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about buying a V within the next year

Hey guys i know this thread is probably redundant but ive been thinking hard about buying a V within the next year and i was just curious as to some of the things i should know or look for when buying one. Is there anything? im a former camaro owner who is saving up for a "new Z28" (if it ever comes out) and i want a V as my DD. I currently live in NYC now and will be here for a long time. so what comments and opinions do you have?
Old 11-02-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

They're fun cars. Look for a whine in the rear, broken motor mounts, peeling radio buttons, and that's about it.

You can get some great deals right now. If you have any specific question ask away or do a little more searching.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love mine, but I've only got about 700 miles on mine. If you are seriously thinking about one, you might want to consider surfing any of the Cadillac forums, as I think that some of the issues might be a little in depth to re-write over here. Just a thought.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

btw ill be looking for a used one with low miles not new. i would love to get a new one cuz they are just PURE SEX!!! anyways do you guys have any other good cts forums. i looked for a few minutes but honestly i found more info on here than any other so far. the caddy forums seem to be really dead unless i just havent found the right one yet.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

really? nobody knows any other cts-v forum? what about a decent place to look to buy? ive seen some sick deals on here but when or if i come across something i cant pass up i definently wanna know. thanks!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Really, can't find another good Cad forum? Something's wrong with this picture. Some forums don't take kindly to publishing another forum's name / addy. You're just not trying very hard.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

theres really not any good caddy sites ive looked at the ones they had psoted in the sticky. it seems most are devoted to non V series cars and even the boards with V specific sections theres jack **** in them.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tainted
theres really not any good caddy sites ive looked at the ones they had psoted in the sticky. it seems most are devoted to non V series cars and even the boards with V specific sections theres jack **** in them.
I'm new here, what sticky?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

At the top of the V section. It looks like any other thread but it stays at the top.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...-faq-site.html
Old 11-05-2009, 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gary Wells
Really, can't find another good Cad forum? Something's wrong with this picture. Some forums don't take kindly to publishing another forum's name / addy. You're just not trying very hard.
Who gives a **** if someone posts another forum on here. Forums are made to help people. i never understood that. i hate the fact that on this site you cant post a product unless they are advertised. its BS. if someone needs help or is asking then help them. and NO i havent seen any other GOOD sites. i found a couple that suck. i was just wondering if there is something out there for cts-v guys like there are for the vette guys. they have the corvette forums. (they suck i know cuz a few years ago when i bought my camaro i was on there possibly looking for a vette). So i figured i would ask people who know about caddy cars and forums. simple question. Besides ive been on here forever and ive seen need2speed mentioned, camaroz28 mentioned, as well as many others and ive even seen links posted up telling people come visit my new site when it opened (ls1-lt1).
Old 11-06-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Chill. I belong to Cadillac Owners.com. It is a 100,000 member board / forum strictly for Caddies of all types and ages. Has a separate '09 & above CTS-V section. I am on the '09 & above CTS-V section a lot. I post under my own name. Drop by and say hi. It is the premium of the Cadillac forums.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Teching In

ifryrice, I am thinking about selling my V if you are looking. It is an 04 silver ext. black int. it has just over 20,000 miles. No mods to speak of CAGS and an air box. It has not been driven hard as it still has to stock tires. It also has an extended warrenty but I forget the specs on that. $20,000 Firm

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying a V within the next year