Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FJO Controller Problems... Help

Old 11-03-2009, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry FJO Controller Problems... Help

Shew, Ive been fighting this controller for a few days now. I have traced all of my wiring, and triple checked every connection to insure they are operating correctly, but I am still having trouble.

First off, I had a hell of a time calibrating my TPS signal. I tapped into the green wire on my throttle body wiring harness for the signal. I tried probabaly ten times in a row without any luck, after I would pull back into the driveway from taking the car wide open, the green light would be flashing quickly. I tried once more, in a lower gear with a higher load, and that seemed to do the trick. With the pedal to the floor, the green light illuminates on the FJO, and then click off as you let off the throttle.

For RPM signal, I tapped into the green wire on the passenger side coil pack harness. I did this at the main plug, which connects all four coil packs on the passenger side. I set the RPM multiplier on the FJO controller to divide by 2, per the FJO instruction manual.

Here are the symptoms..

With the RPM window switch function disabled through the FJO controller.. If I turn on the arming switch, the solenoids will click once very quickly. With pressure in the nitrous lines, and the fuel system primed, it will actually spray both solenoids for just a split second. If you barely touch the accelerator, not anywhere near WOT, the kit will activate and spray. This didn't seem right to me..

I activated the RPM window switch, and set the window to activate at 1500RPM for testing purposes. I revved the car slowly, watching for the window light to illuminate on the FJO controller. At around 3500RPM the green light would illuminate. I tried making a test hit on the street, and the kit did not spray.

At this point, it was getting late in the evening and I didn't want to **** my neighbors off any further than I already had. I'm looking for suggestions, and see if you guys might have any further input on what I should try.

Thanks

Search this Thread