Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

berger panel (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default berger panel (pics)

i filled in the camaro lettering and did the panel in flat black. it turned out the way i wanted it, love the look.

also i put on a hurst equipped badge, not in the pics.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that looks great..is the spoiler silver?
Old 11-04-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Resident

thanks, no the spoiler is light pewter still didnt get it painted.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

personally, i think the berger panel looks good on every color except black, it just gives it an unfinished look. but i do love the shaved look. i actually just did one for my brothers '95 a couple days ago and it looks exactly like yours...shaved with satin black. but i made the mistake of shaving the keyhole as well, before checking to see how far the key insert part stuck through the hole, long story short- i pretty much ruined all my work by having to knock out the filling in the key hole just to get the panel back on the car. i'll be redoing it again pretty soon, leaving the key hole opened like yours is.

i'm thinking about taking the panel off my car and shaving it and then taking it to the shop to get it painted to match.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

How much for the spoiler? I think the "Berger" is hard to pull off on black. Next to a gloss black panel, a flat black panel looks "unfinished" imo.

Last edited by MjMaro; 11-06-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice looking GMMG style rear panel, for some reason I still prefer the Camaro letters open and filled with polished pieces like mine

Old 11-05-2009, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

Looks good man.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love my berger on my black car....
Old 11-06-2009, 01:27 AM
TECH Resident

yup i think it will looks awesome. once i get rid of my chrome zr1s and get gunmetal and get a gray stripe down with manta peice on future ss hood i want to get, it will go perfect with the flat black panel.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so u filled in the letter but not the key hole? wat gives?
Old 11-06-2009, 09:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
its not as easy as it seems. i just tried a few days ago when doing the berger for my brothers car. -shaved everything and painted it satin black

-i found out i shouldnt have shaved the key hole and had to knock it out (check pic)...the metal part (key insert) sticks too far through the hole, so when i tried to reinstall it didnt fit correctly
-to do it, you either have to take out completely the key insert which will allow all the room you need, or only fill in the very front part of the hole to still allow the key insert enough room to come through.

-i'm taking it back off to fix the key hole and respray gloss, sometime this weekend.

BEFORE

AFTER
Old 11-06-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
pretty much what crimson_bird said. i was thinking about it but it seemed like more of hassle to do and this was my first time doing a berger panel so i figured keep it simple.

i might actually do another one and this time with the keyhole filled in but for now im happy with how it is.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 97Lt1TA
pretty much what crimson_bird said. i was thinking about it but it seemed like more of hassle to do and this was my first time doing a berger panel so i figured keep it simple.

i might actually do another one and this time with the keyhole filled in but for now im happy with how it is.
im in e process of fixing that one today. it may sound a little unorthodox, but what i did to fill the keyhole is.
-with the panel still on the car: take a small piece of double sided tape and stuck it to a nickel. then take the nickel and place it inside of the hole and stick it to the key insert so it sticks there. the nickel fits almost perfect. while its there i took some silicone advesive sealant and added a bead of that all the way around the nickel (i just did this like 5 minutes ago). im going to let it dry probably all day (i have other things to get done) and then remove the panel, sand it all down, shave the keyhole, and then re-prime, and paint it. and im going to add a bead of epoxy in the back of the key hole for an extra good hold. i'll let you know how it goes when i get done, just in case you still want to shave it completely.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

crimson_bird sounds like a pretty good idea. i was thinking of actually using a water bottle cap to fill in the hole but that was just an idea i had when doing the panel.
once you done lets see how it looks.

Quick Reply: berger panel (pics)