Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro-built 4L60E Problems. Guru's Needed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro-built 4L60E Problems. Guru's Needed.

I had my transmission rebuilt about a year and a half ago. I had a 2800 stall vigilante put on it as well as all heavy duty parts. I also have a large B&M trans cooler. I have it filled with royal purple. It ran great up until a week ago. When I would first get in and put it in Drive or Reverse it would not move like it used to. It started to get harder for it to move until it reached a higher rpm. It did this only after it sat for several hours. It was subtle at first and I thought maybe it was the drop in temperature now that fall is here. The trans was usually around 80 to 100 deg when it would do this. Once it got moving everything seemed fine.

Well today it started to have problems in all gears. At part throttle it was not shifting when it was supposed to in all gears. It was taking much longer and shifting at higher rpm's even at part throttle. I found a loose clamp on one of the trans coolant hoses going to the cooler yesterday. I thought I had tightened it real good. I guess not. Today I found a good bit of trans fluid splashed in the engine compartment and tire. I tightened it again.

I've been checking over the past week and it has never been low on fluid, even after todays leak. The fluid did seem a little thin. I thought I may have smelled a burning smell but I'm not sure. It could have been the trans fluid that leaked out. It never got much past 140 on the trans temps except today it got up to 180. I dropped it off at the trans shop a little while ago for them to flush it out and diagnos the problem.

Any ideas? What do the symptoms point to? Maybe just a loose hose? Clogged filter? I hope so. I really dont want to put my forth transmission in this thing. :crazy: Here's the parts that went in last time...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-g...-kit-pics.html

Thanks

Quick Reply: Pro-built 4L60E Problems. Guru's Needed.